liquid diet at Christmas

Debbie_04
on 12/18/14 7:27 am
VSG on 12/29/14

I started the liquid diet on Dec 10th and it continues through Christmas until Dec 29, the day of surgery.  I have not struggled too much to this point.  Like everyone, I worry about the holiday foods, but knowing I have enjoyed them too much all my adult life helps me to remember why I cannot give in to the temptation.    I see my surgeon Monday the 23rd and fantasize that he will give me a 24 hour reprieve for Christmas.    Not gonna happen but its an entertaining thought.  Good luck to you, we can do this!  Merry Christmas!

Age 66... VSG 12/29/14... H.W. 360...  S.W. 323...  C.W. 253

hollykim
on 12/18/14 7:30 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 17, 2014 at 5:11 PM Pacific Time, wakeboardgirl wrote:

I need some encouragement!  I started my pre-op liquid diet yesterday. I think I'm going out of my mind with sugar withdrawal,  & next week is Christmas.  I have 4 different parties this week alone, not to mention Christmas Eve & Christmas day. I plan to take my shake with me, & I keep reminding myself that it will be worth it. But wow...these next 2 weeks will be so unbelievably hard!

Any recommendations to make this easier? I have a liquid meal package from the surgeon & clearance to eat sugar free jello.  Other than that, I'm stuck.  & cooking for my husband & little girls has been torture!

I would skip the parties and do limited cooking on Christmas Eve andChristmas  day.

Eggface
on 12/18/14 8:49 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Best wishes to you on your upcoming surgery!! It is soooo worth this.

I second the SF Torani syrups... SF Peppermint, SF Gingerbread, SF Belgian Cookie is a favorite in your shakes, tea if you are able, etc. and I would encourage your husband to take the kids out for dinner... Daddy date night. LOL and if you must cook... cook foods you hate ;) 

I was 2 weeks post-op on the 4th of July back in 2006... I remember the smells from the neighborhood BBQ's coming in the window and me crying (and I mean... ugly crying) in a heap on my bed. I had mashed carrots with protein powder mixed in (I don't recommend it LOL)... fast forward a year later... ate a "normal" portion of 4th of July, 130+ at the time pounds down, off 8 medications I was on pre-op, all my co-morbidities resolved, loving life. I'd do it all again in a nano-second. Hope you will feel the same way I do... that having WLS was the best gift I ever gave myself.

Best to you,

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

chevtow41
on 12/18/14 9:00 am
DS on 11/11/14

All I can add is sugar will always be there taunting you. Now is the time to put it in its place. If you go back to sugar addiction after surgery, well, no WLS can save you. Good luck and stay strong

NYMom222
on 12/18/14 2:36 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Being you are pre-op you can still have Seltzer. Drink it in a wine glass with whatever fruit they have on hand floating in it... it will look festive. Give yourself permission to leave the parties if it gets to be too much. Station yourself away from the food and chat. (I am actually speaking this to myself as well as I have a big party tomorrow night...)

If you are allowed SF popsicles I found them to be wonderful post-op. had never eaten one before, but the flavor helped. On liquid diet sometimes I go to the Chinese takeout and just ask for a quart of broth with nothing in it. Just a different flavor from regular broth to change it up.

This is only one year, and there is a purpose to it. Take pictures, next year you will be in such a different place.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save