Just got approved and having anxiety

Veelovee
on 12/14/14 1:08 pm

I am 19 just got approved and starting weigh****chers for three months...I. Have questions how long after weigh****chers can I have surgery? I'm terrified of needles can I ask to be numb before getting IV? Will I lose my boobs and butt also? Please help I'm full of anxiety

Elegantchic82
on 12/15/14 12:46 am
RNY on 12/29/14

congrats on your approva!! I didn't have to do any type of weigh****chers or anything like that I did have to attend seminars and psyc evaluation. I'm nervous because I've has a reduction in 09 and really wonder about "my girls" but at this point to me I'm more worried about my health and how this surgery will save my life and allow me to change bad habits. I will be praying for you on your journey!

Y D.
on 12/15/14 1:36 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Your insurance should be able to tell you the timeline and average wait time. After completing WW, you may need additional labs and pre-op appts before surgery is scheduled.

What do you mean by "numb" prior to IV? Numb on your arm?? I don't think so. If anything, you may be able to get an oral anti-anxiety med prior to the IV if its that bad.

Boobs and butt- you'll lose weight there like everywhere else, but how much just depends on your body type. If you were fully developed prior to gaining your weight, you'll have a good idea of your natural proportions you can expect to be around after the excess is lost.

Try to focus on the positive and your life after surgery. Is your anxiety localized to this situation, or are you generally anxious? You can also consider seeing a therapist about your anxiety about this and other issues during the three months to help you.

Cathy W.
on 12/15/14 2:38 am

Congratulations on your approval.  A big congrats that you're only 19 and taking control of your life and health already. 

Have you selected a surgeon yet?  The timing for your surgery will depend on your insurance and surgeon as to how long you'll need to be on WW and your surgery date.  Talk to your surgeon about your fear of needles and an IV. 

Your body will obviously change after WLS.  What and how much you'll lose in various areas of your body aren't anything anyone can tell you.  I lost in both areas and was glad to see that extra go bye-bye. 

Anxiety before any surgery is completely normal.  It is a big step.  When you get anxious, think ahead about how great you'll feel at a lower weight and su*****reased life satisfaction.  You have so much to look forward to!

MsBatt
on 12/15/14 1:03 pm

As for your boobs and butt---how much weight do you need to lose, and where do you carry most of it? Pre-op, I wore a 54H bra. 170+ pounds later, I wear a 40...G. And I was 45 when I had surgery! At 19, you've probably not replaced much of your breast tissue with fat (which happens over time to ALL of us!0, so you probably won't lose a lot of boob. Your butt with depend on what your natural body shape, as determined by your genetics, is under your excess weight.