Do your tastes change Post-Op?

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 12/16/14 4:51 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Taste?  No.

Choices?  Yes.

I choose not to eat the same things I did prior to surgery since I know most of them are not good for me.  I am by no means perfect, but I don't have to eat an entire cake to feel satisfied.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 12/16/14 7:04 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

My tastes didn't really change post op, I was glad that it didn't, didn't want to wake up not liking chocolate! My desires have changed, I still have a sweet tooth but it doesn't dominate my day like it used to.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

MickeyDee
on 12/17/14 8:21 pm

Pre-op I was a Peanut M&Ms junkie;  post-op I couldn't care less.  The flavor or smell didn't entice me anymore.  I'll sometimes eat a dark chocolate with filberts, but not like the Bad Old Days.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 12/17/14 9:59 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

Immediately after surgery until about a month out, my tastes did change.  I couldn't stand the smell or taste of the shakes I had loved pre-op.  Also, several flavors of crystal light were disgusting and coffee was terrible.  A lot of things had a metallic taste to them.  I suspect this was a reaction to the anesthesia?  

Now, I don't notice any changes and seem to like most things that I did before. 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat