Post surgery Week 2

rleanne
on 12/15/14 6:13 am

I'm a recent surgery grad - I had the VS done on December 3. Week one at home was hard. I did well though. After the first week home I lost 18 pounds. It was fantastic! 

Now that I'm approaching the end of stage two (full liquids) I'm confused. I haven't lost a pound in five days. I've been dedicated to soups and full liquids so I don't feel like I'm cheating but I'm not sure what's happening. 

Any experience or guidance is much appreciated! 

high_on_faith
on 12/15/14 6:32 am

I am less then one week out but I hear it is common.  Just need to continue to follow the plan.  Your body hasn't had food in a while but it will kick back in.

kathkeb
on 12/15/14 8:54 am

Weight loss, especially at the beginning, can be very inconsistent.

You lost a bunch at first, most of that fluid.

Your body is adjusting .... If you average 18 pounds for 2 weeks, that's still AMAZING weight loss.

Just follow your plan, recognize that weight loss will happen .... And try to relax about it.

It might help, too to increase your water ... Soup can be high I sodium and you may need to flu**** out.

Kath

rleanne
on 12/15/14 9:44 pm

That's a really good point. I bet sodium is killing me. I'll starting watching that to see if it helps. Thanks! 

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/14 3:36 pm
VSG on 11/13/14

I lost 18 pounds my first 2 weeks and didn't lose any my third week. I'm now 4 1\2 weeks out and have lost 23 pounds. Its normal to not lose any for several days.