Still undecided but really need WLS...

msladykris
on 12/20/14 12:30 am - Indianapolis, IN
DS on 03/25/15
On December 20, 2014 at 7:58 AM Pacific Time, SkinnyBonz38 wrote:

Hello Earthgirl thank you for your and ALL the replies! I decided to at least attend a wls seminar and did this week. My obesity surgeon is OBESE herself! How can that be??!! She is the director of the robotic and laproscoptic program. Both the coordinator and dietician were on what appeared to be the pre op diet because the coordinator mention being tired of the applesauce and puddings and drinks. I sat up front and heard and saw everything! Well despite that I scheduled a preliminary meeting for January 21st. In the mean time I am following the Food pyramid plan I used some years back and walking three miles a day. This really is for my heart. I do not want a stent, a defibrilator, pacemaker, or even have a heart attack. But my chances go up for one or all of these things as I age. And this weight business is making things critical. I'm afraid to have the surgery and not to have it. Hey how can I contact you personally?

Hey! I am doing bloodless surgery as well and doesn't seem to be an issue at all. I'm also anemic and have been receiving iron fusions to build my blood back up. Just research research research is all I can say! The more you learn the more your fear will subside.  Prayer also helps me with the fear thing. If I don't do anything and continue on this path I could die so I'm giving myself a fighting chance to serve my God to the fullest and be around for my kids awhile longer.