Failing?

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 12/13/14 6:38 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Don't be so hard on yourself! You've done a lot in such a short time. You're undoing years of bad habits & it's gonna take awhile to get the hang of things. I have to keep reminding myself too.

Like this week I have a cold & I kept wanting to get my 10 thousand steps in & doing my workout routine anyway like everything was totally normal, & fear that I'd fall back into old habits, even though all I really wanted to do was sleep & my new sneakers ended up giving me a blister. So yeah I keep reminding myself to let up for awhile. 

Be kind to yourself & seek help, maybe a therapist?, if you keep having those feelings of failure.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Laura in Texas
on 12/13/14 6:58 am

Story of my life. I always felt like a constant failure. It was a never ending cycle in all aspects of my life. When I made the decision to have surgery, somewhere along the way, I learned to love myself and learned to believe i was worth the hard effort it takes to be successful, not only in weight loss, but in other areas of my life as well. I did not seek therapy but did a lot of reading and self-reflection to get my mind back in the game. Find something that works for you. That will help you remain a success in the long run. Good luck!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

JenniPenny
on 12/13/14 7:14 am - MN

Find a good therapist that will work with a post op patient. You can't follow the rules on your own and have to get your food relationship figured  out if you want to be successful. If you're already testing the limits after just having surgery in June you're

not going to be able to follow exactly what you have to do in 6 more months of 6 yrs. down the road. Find someone to help you or you will be regaining what you've  lost and feel terrible. Your surgeon may have someone his patients deal with or can recommend someone.

Jen 14 yrs post op RNY

Tracy D.
on 12/15/14 3:18 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Get thee to a therapist (says the woman trained as a therapist).  You are clearly self-sabotaging because you feel undeserving of happiness or success.  That's a much deeper issue than your weight and it's never going to be fixed with any weight loss surgery.  

You need to do the deep dive into the emotional work to get your head squared away NOW!  Otherwise this surgery was just wasted effort and you'll end of being one of those statistics.

Having said that, your success thus far has been GREAT and you should try and feel proud of that.  It isn't easy, no matter what anyone says  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15