7 Day Pre Op Diet Struggle

froggergirl
on 12/10/14 12:12 am
RNY on 12/15/14

My surgery date has been set for Dec 15. I am so excited but I have been put on an all liquid diet until surgery. I have been approved to "eat" water, broth, Jell-O, and popsicles. I am finding I am hungry all the time!!! Is there any advice to curbing this feeling of hunger?? I don't want to go against the doctors wishes and I am struggling!! Thanks in advance!  

Deana_
on 12/10/14 1:48 am

My surgery is Dec 22 and I'm on my day three of liquids. I'm aloud four protein drinks a day. Sugar free jello, broth, and one cup of veggies.

honestly, I'm not hungry. Maybe I am the exception. Would I like to be eating? Yes.

I haven't lost an ounce though! That's aggravating!!

try to think of the bigger picture. Food isn't going anywhere and you've been eating your entire life. It's not worth it. 

Keep yourself busy. You got this!!!

blooeyesgurl
on 12/10/14 2:21 am

My surgery is the 15th also and my Dr said if I think I am going to kill someone I can have a chicken breast. I did have one over the weekend but I think it just made it worse, The hunger pains got worse! I think I am going to just stick it out. The best thing for me to do is drink more broth or bullion and we will get through this. I guess all we can do is think of our future and this will all be in the past soon! Good luck to you and see you on the healthier side! ✌

Poodlemac
on 12/10/14 3:51 am
RNY on 09/26/14

My Preop liquid diet seemed to click on day 4. A client of mine knew I was "fasting" and said day 4 was the magic moment!  She was absolutely right. Was much easier on the downhill side!  

Han Shot First
on 12/10/14 10:40 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I was told that the pre-op diet would be worse than anything after surgery, and boy was that right!  I was pretty miserable, but it's only 4 more days!  It's tough, but you can do it.  Hopefully things click into place for you like some of the others, but if not, it's really not too long!  And it will be so much better afterwards.

--

150 lost and maintaining!