Tips Please!

tignerwilson87
on 12/11/14 9:51 pm

I haven't had my surgery date set yet i am still working on everything else. Dec. 23rd is my last nutritionist appointment before they clear me so I take it the following appointment I have will be set to meet & plan my surgery date right (?) I am not losing weight or gaining weight & they have me giving up all pork products, eating portioned meals, i gave up carbonated beverages, & eliminated all non-natural sweets so I guess my (?) is will they still schedule the surgery if I go in this up coming appointment without any weight gain or loss (?) also if anyone has any good breakfast ideas i am tired of the same plain ol stuff i eat looking for ways to change it up bit.....

Y D.
on 12/12/14 12:57 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Was weight loss a "requirement" for your surgery? Like losing 5% or 10%? Who is your insurance company?

Either way, I seriously doubt it will be a problem, especially since you haven't gained. The whole point of surgery is to help people who cannot lose weight without surgical intervention.

You can always ask your Doctor to confirm, and either way, I wouldn't worry. You are so close to the finish line- I would think if you weren't on track to receive surgery for whatever reason, you would have been told months ago so you could correct it.

Congrats, you're so close!!!

Han Shot First
on 12/12/14 1:51 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

My insurance is BCBS, and my doctor's office told me that the important thing was to make sure I didn't gain weight.  I only dropped about 8 lbs over my 6 month visits.  To me, it makes sense that you won't be losing weight.  That's why we get the surgeries:  normal diets don't work for us.  

--

150 lost and maintaining!

tignerwilson87
on 12/16/14 2:44 am

Right I have tried I think everything and usually I lose like 5 lbs but since I started I haven't lost nothing  I did gain 1 lb but I lost that now I have been basically same weight the past 6 months I hope they don't want me to lose before it seems so far away from my new fresh start and when I first started I told them that was my biggest issue no matter what I have done I can't lose it 

tignerwilson87
on 12/16/14 2:46 am

Thanks so much it's been a struggle but I am excited the closer I get to the surgery....

MsBatt
on 12/13/14 9:26 am

Just curious---why did they have you give up PORK? Pork's a good source of protein.

And a word for the future---sugar is sugar, and it's ALL 'natural'. The sugar that naturally occurs in fruits, veggies, and even milk is processed by your body just like the sugar in chocolate. (*grin*)

tignerwilson87
on 12/16/14 2:41 am

Idk why they told me no pork I love pork lol