Year 2 in review

Mamazoune
on 12/11/14 9:29 pm - Canada
Revision on 08/01/12

Setting goals has been a big part of my wl journey, what I know now to be true is that the weight was only one barrier that I have had to overcome.  This year I worked on building confidence, self-esteem and self-worth through repetitive, rewarding and relational activities.  I have also accepted taking on new challenges.  This year, I have managed my weight quite well, the only problem that I have now developed is reactive hypoglycemia and... a little anemia.  This has been surprisingly disruptive at times but I have learned to manage it...everyday. Some of the things that I have enjoyed the most this year have been quite uncomfortable (some scary) but adventurous!  I was able to get in a kayak without sinking it!  I got on a plane on my own without crouding my neighbour, fit in the seat and went to British Columbia.  I went to Whistler, by myself, got on a scale without cringing or going over the weight restriction to go Ziplining.  I didn't realize it at the time, but Superfly was the highest and longest zipline in Canada.  I realized this after the guide launched me off the mountain! It was fantastic and the feeling afterwards...I was so proud of myself.  I started to volunteer again with my dog in a therapeutic dog program.  I went tubing in the winter, tubing in the summer and so many other adventures that have been thrilling and fun.  I've dedicated year three to bettering myself as a person, being a better mom and wife, kinder, more careful with my words and centre on wellness.  Hoping to take up yoga!  Definitely want to go white water rafting this year and whatever other adventure presents itself.   This truly is a lifelong journey!

Mamazoune                
Judi2
on 12/11/14 10:09 pm
RNY on 12/08/14

Congratulations, you're an inspirations to me! Keep it up the sky's the limit!

Y D.
on 12/12/14 12:52 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Congrats! It seems like you've had a total transformation, so much more than just the weight. Happy for you