Post surgical/ pregnancy weight gain How do I loose it again?

afmedic4life
on 12/7/14 8:22 pm

I had RNY in Jan 13, and lost an amazing 80lbs! I felt great.  Then in Jan 14, I found out very unexpectedly I was pregnant. Due to other health issues I was placed on bed rest for 7 of the 9 months and my baby was having a hard time gaining weight and growing properly.  I was placed on high protein, high carb....basically a high calorie diet.  I was traumatized to realize I gained 50lbs!!! I am down to my final 20lbs that I'd like to loose.  I really have a complex about it, and I know thats something to talk to my therapist about.  

How does one get back on the train after having to almost destroy their weight loss eating habbits?  I would wake up every couple hours and be STARVING.  So hungry that if I didnt eat I would feel sick.   

HELP please.

Gwen M.
on 12/8/14 1:41 am
VSG on 03/13/14

The first few days of switching to a healthy way of eating are always the most difficult due to cravings, but you can do it.  You've done it before and you can do it again!  I would work on getting back to my basics.  Here's a list of mine, yours might be a little different.  

1. Prioritize protein and water
2. Deprioritize carbs
3. Make the most of healthy fats
4. Eat three meals a day with no snacks
5. Avoid liquid calories (breakfast protein shake is the exception)
6. Weigh portions
7. Eat mindfully and with no distractions aside from real live people
8. Move as much as possible
9. Weigh myself daily
10. Be kind to myself

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Member Services
on 12/8/14 2:37 am - Irvine, CA

Hello afmedic4life,

Post this on the Pregnancy after Weight Loss Surgery for support and input from other Moms that have been through what you have. They can share what helped them get back on track  We also have a great group here called Back On Track Together

Keep us posted on how you are doing!