Liquid Diet, Kale and Spinach

KTaylorelms
on 12/8/14 2:10 pm

Hi Everyone!!!  So excited to be part of this group!  I am scheduled for Roux-en-Y December 17th, 2014!!  Started my liquid diet today in preparation and going tomorrow for all my pre-op testing.  Anyone have knowledge if using kale and spinach is good to mix in with protein smoothies.  I'll be asking my surgeon tomorrow and see if he has any words of wisdom, then I thought I'd check with dietitian.  Anyone have any words of wisdom...I am so pumped that I just hope the next 9 days fly by!!

Valerie G.
on 12/9/14 4:43 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Liquified greens....Blech!

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Deana_
on 12/9/14 4:45 am

MsBatt
on 12/9/14 5:31 am

Liquidified greens have almost NO nutritional value---and they'd make me toss my cookies in a heartbeat.

Most of the 'value' in high-fiber greens like spinach and kale is lost when you liquify them. Try it if you want, but...bleech!!!

Chilipepper
on 12/9/14 7:32 am

They will fill you full of gas.  Protien only.  

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/9/14 9:49 am - OH

My question would be why you would want to do that?!?

Ick. The protein is bad enough.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Hislady
on 12/9/14 10:02 am - Vancouver, WA

Greens affect your blood's thickness so they may not want you to do alot of them before your surgery. You really should check with your surgeon before doing that much of them.

KTaylorelms
on 12/12/14 12:26 pm

Thanks for replying everyone.  I'm surprised at how many of you are non-green drinkers.  I love Kale and Spinach smoothies!!  Love Kale salad too!  Guess I'm just one of those "freaks of nature"...thanks everyone.