Tremors after WLS?

sammieash
on 12/6/14 3:47 pm

Has anyone developed tremors after gastric bypass?

hollykim
on 12/7/14 4:47 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 6, 2014 at 11:47 PM Pacific Time, sammieash wrote:

Has anyone developed tremors after gastric bypass?

a little more info would be helpful. 

How far out are you?  What kind of tremors? When do they happen? What happens when you have them? How do they go away?

sammieash
on 12/7/14 8:58 am

Surgery was March 2013; Essential Tremors; Tremors are always present so I am a fall risk; I use a walker;  Tremors do not go away; 

Amy R.
on 12/7/14 9:34 am

Did you develop Essential Tremor wholly after surgery or was it present in some fashion pre-op and has worsened?

sammieash
on 12/7/14 11:09 am

After the surgery

hollykim
on 12/7/14 11:40 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

what about your diet? Do you eat lots of carbs? What is a days menu like for you? I am sure you have had brain scans,etc?

sammieash
on 12/8/14 10:03 am

I eat a strict diet in range of the surgery

JenniPenny
on 12/7/14 6:16 am - MN

Do you get them when you haven't eaten for a while? Many post ops have rebound or regular hypoglycemia and get shaky when they need protein. Are you on any medications for depression or ADD as you can shake if the dosage is too high. As we lose our meds have to be adjusted based  on our absorbtion and weight. As your weight goes down you should have dosages of all meds rechecked, Let us know if there's more  to the tremors you experience. Not  enough information.

Jen 2001 RNY

sammieash
on 12/7/14 11:10 am

Tremors are always present

hollykim
on 12/8/14 12:19 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I have never heard or read of anyone developing essential tremors after GBP. From the research. I did,brief,for sure, it appears 50-% of the cases developed because of a genetic mutation. It is a brain disorder so I do t see how GBP could cause it. 

So sorry I wasn't any help.