Need prescription names of a couple things-Revision/Repair of VBG to RNY

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/14 11:52 am

Hi! I am having a revision/repair of an old Vertical Banded Gastroplasty for complications. I had that surgery done in 1990. I have a a large hiatal hernia, silastic band with stenosis and a condition made worse by GERD called Barretts Esophagus. Anyway, it's been a while since I have done protein shakes but would love recommendations on protein shots, the name of the prescription scar cream a lot of people use and any suggestions I should ask the surgeon to prescribe before the leaving the hospital. The surgery is December 18th. My surgeon says he will first attempt to do it laparoscopically and switch to open if necessary. I think open will be necessary because I have had several surgeries after the VBG and there is a lot of scar tissue. I asked him how long the surgery would take and said he didn't know...it depends on what he finds. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I promise to post updates. Thanks!

*Crossposted

kathkeb
on 12/2/14 11:59 am

Good luck.

The only comment I have is about scar creme ... I did not use any.

I was not allowed to put anything on my incisions except for antibiotic ointment that my surgeon provided.

My surgery was done laprascopically and by 3 months out the scars had faded to nothing.

Kath

Poodlemac
on 12/2/14 12:05 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

I just use Mederma on my incisions. I was at dermatologist today and she agreed with that choice. Said just keeping them moisturized will help. Also, my goal was to come home with FEWER perscriptions, not a list!!!  I take only nexium now, when I remember, because of a history of Barrett's esophagus. We're going to scope at my 6 month mark and if there is no barretts, I'm off all meds. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/14 12:18 pm

Thanks!