Very upset

huskergalWsD
on 12/1/14 9:49 pm

I have read many posts over the years and this same exact post keeps coming up. At 3 weeks post op every one stalls. I remember it too. it will start coming off again. I remember me at 4 weeks post op I ate a huge hamburger from King Kong Hamburgers and I still lost weight. You are going through whats called a "Stall" period post op. trust me it will pass.

I would "not" say eat a hamburger. That was my bad. I repeat, I did still lose weight even eating a huge hamburger.. Took me about 30 min to eat the whole thing..

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

Valerie G.
on 12/1/14 10:08 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm very disappointed that your doc didn't know that this is normal, and will occur several times as you are losing weight.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Tish24
on 12/1/14 10:35 pm - Owen Sound, Canada

please keep in mind that this was only my GP. He is not a bariatric doc. I'm sure if I had seen one of them, they would have been able to put my mind at ease. My GP knows as much as his patients who had the surgery done, tells him. On the other hand, you would think that if he had that many doing the surgery, he would do some research. He is a young doctor and he is capable of learning, I hope.

Tracy D.
on 12/2/14 1:04 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

As a bariatric patient, I'm assuming that before surgery you tried numerous diets and probably lost many pounds over and over again.  Are you saying that you never once during any of those diets had times where your weight loss slowed down or stalled?   I know I did - I could count on it in fact.  

Having surgery isn't magic and doesn't change the fact that your body will take "pauses" along the way to replenish your muscle's glycogen stores and to hold onto water when you start exercising.  It's normal, it's going to happen. 

No one in the history of WLS has ever stopped losing weight at 3 weeks - promise! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

NYMom222
on 12/2/14 7:29 am
RNY on 07/23/14

You haven't done anything wrong. I had a stall that started 1 week after surgery and lasted 3 1/2 weeks. it doesn't make sense but it happens. Do what you are supposed to do and you will lose weight. 

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save