Need Advice

Phat_girl_38
on 12/1/14 12:37 am
VSG on 10/13/14

You should check out the web address below. She has some pretty cool blender recipes.

www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Phat_Girl_38  / HW: 319 (Pre-op Wt: 292) SW: 282  GW: 165  Surgery Date: 10/13/2014

kedgar01
on 11/30/14 6:49 am
with

Bubbles- it's crazy to me how everyone's post op food is different. Other than the inside of the deviled egg, I've stuck to it completely. I walk daily as well. I was just hoping for some ideas on other things I could make on full liquids (soup recipes)/advice on how to not lose your mind with boredom  of the same things. 

kathkeb
on 11/30/14 8:09 am

One more week ...... 21 meals (liquid meals) ..... Who cares if it is boring.....it is temporary.

It has a definitive end ... You can see the end from here ... 

It is MUCH harder for some of us to get back on track after even a small veer off course.

Use this as a learning experience for the next phase.

If your plan has you advance from liquids to mushies, then to solids, don't step outside of that, even for one bite because it makes it harder to get back to the plan.

You've totally got this!

have your shakes and soups and yogurts and puddings ... Whatever you are allowed.

Have some warm tea or sugar free hot cocoa in the evening, brush, floss, gargle and close the kitchen!

Kath

Bubbles314
on 11/30/14 8:17 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Once I got to the puree stage my favorite was refried beans sprinkled with a little cheese or light sour cream with taco sauce. I had a 1/4 to a 1/2 cup limit.  It tasted like heavan since I had not eaten food for 5 weeks.  I had a 3 week liquid diet pre-op and then after surgery another 2 weeks on liquid.  I had panera soup pureed and progresso soup.  I also made chicken, mashed potatoes, and gravy (Dr suggestion).  Many people puree chili, eat yogurt, chicken or tuna with a little miracle whip, and cottage cheese.  Look at the  web site "theworldaccordingtoeggface she has a section of food for all stages of WLS. (she also has a Riccotta pancake recipe that melts in your mouth and also Shelly's baked riccotta)   Also bariatric foodie I believe is another.  OH also has a recipes forum.  Everyones taste is different.  Good luck I was just like you at that stage, I just wanted something more filling.  Your Dr should also provide you with a list of foods.

Poodlemac
on 11/30/14 8:34 am
RNY on 09/26/14

You may have tried this already, but good ol Campbell's cream of broccoli soup or even their cream of cheddar was a life saver for me. I also enjoyed the nacho cheese soup, strained. You can only eat a tiny bit, so don't sweat it too much. I had to have savory foods, highly seasoned to get me thru. 

CJCC55
on 12/2/14 5:52 am - Cleveland, TN

I remember it well... LOL, even though it's been almost five years.  I tried to get in plenty of water, and beyond that, I ate refried beans, (very, very high protein food) and really smashed avocado.  It took only a couple of bites of this at a time, with the size restriction, but these are very highly nutritious foods, so were helpful in reaching protein goals for the day.  Eggs were good also, but dryer, and since I was supposed to eat liquid y type food, I really didn't tolerate them well.  My full liquid diet information from my doctor included cream of wheat, and this was quite satisfying for me.  It took me a long time to tolerate regular food, so I ended up eating refried beans for many weeks.  

Good luck to you getting to where you can eat satisfying foods again.  At one point, I remember chewing up a piece of fried chicken, and then spitting it out, because I knew I could not eat it, but just had to have some real food after all the weeks of going without.  LOL.  I have read many such posts on OH over the last 4 or 5 years.

Wishing you all the best, Carol       
count your blessings!!!!   At goal weight.   I am 5 ft 3.    

shotseyrudi
on 12/5/14 3:00 am - United Kingdom

I've had my sleeve for 3 years.  I think the main reason to stick to liquids is to get yourself adapted to much less food, mentally as well as, physically.  I started eating tiny amounts on the 2nd week.  Won't hurt you, but you will lose alot more weight, if you canfollow what you're told.  For as long as you possibly can.

joanie r.