slow loser

Krys H.
on 11/29/14 8:58 pm - hemet, CA

47 days post op. I think im 22 lbs lost. I try not to compare myself to anyone elses journey. Frustrating because my sister in law had surgery and is always commenting on what i should be doing and thinks i need to be extreme. I follow my doctors orders. Then my sister commented on thanksgiving about how much i ate. I ate probably a cup of food, not much at all. But these comments are making me feel like im failing my sleeve and im gon be big forever. :/ 

Kate -True Brit
on 11/29/14 11:04 pm - UK

A pound every two days sounds good to me!  Don't compare yourself to others or listen to negative comments. You are doing really well! 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Eggface
on 11/30/14 1:30 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Hey we're practically neighbors (I'm in Temecula) 

You are doing fine... some people lose super fast in the beginning and then slow (guys do this a lot), some people lose in spurts so 9 pounds then nothing for a week or 2 or 3 then 8 pounds, some people lose slow and steady-ish a couple a pounds a weigh-in, most have major stalls though with no weight loss (weeks often) as your body tries to hold onto it's stores... and then the scales kick in again. This is not a diet so unless you have a major mechanically failure (super rare) or do not follow anything near a post-op diet you are going to lose weight. Follow your Dr's plan, create a life you can live with forever, exercise, food choices, vits, water... because the day after the scale says that magic # you want it to it's just more of the same so create that lifestyle and repeat.

P.S. Your sister (aka The Food Police's newest deputy) you've got 2 choices really... shake it off (evoking Taylor Swift) most people are curious and mean no harm, they don't realize they are being rude... or you could flat out tell her you have a team of medical professionals who you pay to give you medical advice so you are all good in that department ;) 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com