So stressed out

dorasvsgjourney
on 12/3/14 2:36 pm
VSG on 11/26/14

GO TO THE APPOINTMENT!!!!

I know it will be difficult with two little ones to care for but you can do this!  Chances are by the time you meet all the requirements for surgery your baby will be walking.  I had my VSG last Wednesday and was back to work this past Monday.  I was afraid and still am a little scared that I will be one of the few this doesn't work for.  I chose to go for it because it definitely wasn't going to work for me if I didn't try.

Go to the appointment and just hear what the doctor has to say.  I wish I would have done something like this when I was 27 and my kids were little.  We (my kids and I) have missed out on so much because I was too tired or uncomfortable in certain situations.

GOOD LUCK!!!!! 

swimbikerun
on 12/9/14 8:21 am

How did it go? The first appointment?

Changing to a new blog. Please investigate your surgeon. Ask specific questions on after care, practice philosophies, office staff, nutrition, supplements, etc.

Jlynnr87
on 12/9/14 10:17 am - Elbow lake , MN

I actually haven't made my first appointment yet. I had just called and talked to a nurse to find out some more information. I decided to wait until after the craziness of Christmas is over, then I'm going to make an appointment with the surgeon that is closest to start things off. I'm still a little on the fence about what kind of surgery I would like to have. 

shotseyrudi
on 12/9/14 9:10 pm - United Kingdom

Yes, it's scary to think of volunteering for surgery.  But it's the best decision you can make.  Others don't understand,  how difficult it is to be fat.  Those little  daily annoyances  of being fat--get in the way of life.  eg. getting out of a chair, going to the bathroom, bathing, buying clothes, etc.  You will be so glad you did it.  The weight will just melt off and you'll begin to love yourself, again.  

joanie r.