Degenerative disc disease

bmeyer74
on 11/29/14 2:34 pm

New member here. 15day post op. Have to take hydrocodone for disc disease. Does this slow weight loss? Vsg surg. On nov.14. Hit a stall on day 8 still there.  No I'm not getting enough protein in. Just can't swallow the sweet shakes. Any ideas?

poet_kelly
on 11/30/14 4:46 am - OH

No, it won't stall your weight loss.

If you don't like the sweet shakes, try the Unjury chicken soup or add unflavored protein powder to broth and stuff.  You can also try adding less protein powder to make your shakes.  They will have less protein but taste less strong/sweet.  Or use half flavored protein powder and half unflavored in shakes.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

56sunShine14
on 11/30/14 11:49 pm

That is a great idea poet, going 50/50 on the protein mix.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

MsBatt
on 12/1/14 12:15 am

Weighing yourself daily keeps you from losing weight.

Seriously, all weighting daily will do is make you crazy. You're going to lose weight at the same rate whether you weigh or not, but if you DON'T weigh you won't worry about it so much.