The metaphysical approach

Grim_Traveller
on 11/23/14 10:35 am
RNY on 08/21/12

When my doctor first suggested weight loss surgery, I doubted him. I decided to ask God what I should do. God told me to get my fat ass to a good surgeon, right away.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 11/23/14 7:57 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

You just made me spit my coffee 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

bubbles23223
on 11/23/14 9:49 pm - Canada

Hey kat sorry for the coffee spill.  The last person to message, goodmorning BTW, was talking about others hearing voices and acting upon those voices.  What gives you the right to tell someone to seek professional help for your list of symptoms For a disorder you probably don't even understand.  Please don't diagnose me in an online forum, you've got your own problems too deal with. People with severe mental health illness don't receive the surgery mam we here are on this forum to support each other and watch others succeed and receive invaluable help and advice to help yourself succeed.  And maybe learn something in the process.  I don't need to seek professional that arise for some individuals, and I have freedom of speech to get this off my head off of my mind dealt with and out of the way.  If you don't like the topic, aren't religious don't come in here wanting to make someone feel bad.  Please.  This is my life, and I want to keep it serious and stay focused.  Thank you.

Work for a cause, not for applause.  Live life to express, not too impress.Don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt.-Unknown

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/23/14 10:13 pm - OH

Actually, some people with severe mental illness do get WLS.  As long as their illness doesn't interfere with their ability to follow the necessary post-op eating plan and be compliant about vitamin supplementation, there is no reason for them not to have it.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

bubbles23223
on 11/24/14 1:07 am - Canada

Lora, I didn't understand the undertone in accepting a candidate with mental health issues, there are guidelines.  1-5 Canadians will have a diagnosed mental health issue in their lifetime.  Usually depression, or anxiety. I was streamlining through a comment that wasn't meant to be derogatory, it could have been self identification of an illness.  Or it could be because of my lack their of knowing these rules, I felt the need to break down the stigma people like I have suffered from for generation upon generation.  When people can relate it should be celebrated, I'm not symptomatic because I have schizo-effective disorder it depression or anxiety or whatever.  

Work for a cause, not for applause.  Live life to express, not too impress.Don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt.-Unknown

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 11/23/14 10:57 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

Was that directed at me? Next time hit reply to an individual response. I have worked in the mental health field for 12 years. I understand it fairly well. You said schizo-effective in your post which made no sense. Hey guess what freedom of speech means I can comment on this all I want. Freedom of speech does not mean we have freedom of the consequences of what we say. I don't care if you are religous. I just honestly have no clue what the heck you are talking about and was trying to sort through it. Also hate to tell you but many people with severe mental illness get the surgery. As long as they are cleared by a mental health professional.

bubbles23223
on 11/24/14 1:13 am - Canada

It was directed toward you and I have replied to this in Lora's post reply.  Sorry, it just came out.  I didn't try to purposefully not respond to you directly.  I may be stubborn but I'm not that bad.  Lora replied to the mental health standpoint and jurisdiction behind guidelines that do need to be followed post operation procedural.  I am here to listen.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/23/14 11:16 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

You yourself mentioned schizoaffective issues. And many people recommend talking to a counselor or other mental health professional when someone is having trouble-- mental illness or no. Speaking as someone who has bipolar disorder, I believe that such disorganized (and perhaps delusional) thinking could probably benefit from seeing a doctor.

"Freedom of speech" means that the government cannot prevent you from speaking. On a privately-owned message board this does not apply. Plus we, as readers, have the right to disagree with or ignore your posts.

If this is "your life," why are you posting here? The forums are not a soap-box, they are a place for discussion. You are not immune to others' comments.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

bubbles23223
on 11/23/14 10:00 pm - Canada

Grim!  Is God that open and all encompassing to everyone?  He sure is.  You look great, did you have your operation?  I hope it went well for you, how is the diet?

Mary Gee
on 11/24/14 6:16 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Did Grim have his surgery?  Look at his signature/tracker at the bottom of the page for the answer.  

You'll see most posters have signature lines with trackers showing their weight info and their surgery info.  It shows your progress, and if you're asking a question, sometimes the answer depends on the type of surgery you had.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175