The metaphysical approach

bubbles23223
on 11/23/14 7:46 am - Canada

Well, in developing faith again, in believing in myself I'm re attesting to finding a new found relationship with God.  Never been super religious, I have many stems of religious denominations that have streamed passed my side throughout my lifetime.  When deciding about WLS or not, I found myself in questioning my relationship with God on faith, God does not see an answer to me it seems in one changing their physical selves; their body through a medical procedure.  Then I took a theological moment, and stepped back, I told myself that any person who suffers from Obesity is aloud to fix themselves.  No I realize after writing down this madd moment that this is all just god-talk, part of me wants to leave it there and know that I've decided to do the right thing.  I may be conceited, but I am also a natural path in many ways.  I am stubborn and think in my bitter way that things should be left as is.  My heart needed to be tended too, and call me schizo-effective.  I knew that in having guilt over a medical change it's not worth giving up on anything when looking in that mirror looking back at me and the benefit of happiness in the return even in conversation after loosing all that weight.  I will feel better, even though the 6 months of seeing doctor's and psyciatrists, and RNs seems like hell.  I have not been there yet.  :) This is my second go at it, the last OHIP covered opportunity in Ontario, and my first go at going through more than one appointment,  Have a good one!

Work for a cause, not for applause.  Live life to express, not too impress.Don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt.-Unknown

bubbles23223
on 11/23/14 8:00 am - Canada

In lu of sounding like a complete ditz, this undertaking although serious is for better health.

Work for a cause, not for applause.  Live life to express, not too impress.Don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt.-Unknown

bubbles23223
on 11/23/14 8:12 am - Canada

I am Complete: "To Facebook Friends, I wrote about my mental health issue with weight loss medically with my ObesityHelp center which is OK.  However, in lu of sounding frustrated with myself I know how conceited I am for thinking this way.  Was I going to be a barbie doll size two, the 2way I am supposed too when all of this is over?  no.  I need to cue into that true survive."

thm1212
on 11/23/14 8:35 am

I'm not entirely sure if you are saying that you were conflicted about what God would think about someone to undergoes WLS? 

bubbles23223
on 11/23/14 8:58 am - Canada

Oh you're right.  And it's true, I'm trying not too be humour, but now that I hear from somebody on the topic.  God wouldn't say a lot, I feel more of a need to respit the cause behind weight loss surgery to be less artificial and more open to the ideas behind science and how fortunate I am to change behind the science that will be there for me during a time too depend.  I always felt I needed plastic surgery after the operation to look OK, not too be a homebody, wearing baggy clothes and hanging out at home all of the time.  Having one or two plastic surgeries post open will make me happy with this process on my confidence.

thm1212
on 11/23/14 9:26 am

Will having WLS make you happy? Maybe...probably... improved health and confidence I'm sure improve feelings of happiness.  But feelings are a trap as in they wax and wane - not consistent.  Happiness is usually cir****tantial.   And we can choose to be happy or not to be happy.  
On the topic of God - He always wants what is best for us.  However, what we think is best for ourselves and what God thinks is best for us may be different. And therefore we may feel unhappy because our cir****tances are not what we WANT.   So what do we do? Find your identity in Christ and what He did for us.  And that JOY will supersede all cir****tances.   Easier said than done, I know but something to think about. 

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 11/23/14 10:01 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12
On November 23, 2014 at 3:46 PM Pacific Time, bubbles23223 wrote:

Well, in developing faith again, in believing in myself I'm re attesting to finding a new found relationship with God.  Never been super religious, I have many stems of religious denominations that have streamed passed my side throughout my lifetime.  When deciding about WLS or not, I found myself in questioning my relationship with God on faith, God does not see an answer to me it seems in one changing their physical selves; their body through a medical procedure.  Then I took a theological moment, and stepped back, I told myself that any person who suffers from Obesity is aloud to fix themselves.  No I realize after writing down this madd moment that this is all just god-talk, part of me wants to leave it there and know that I've decided to do the right thing.  I may be conceited, but I am also a natural path in many ways.  I am stubborn and think in my bitter way that things should be left as is.  My heart needed to be tended too, and call me schizo-effective.  I knew that in having guilt over a medical change it's not worth giving up on anything when looking in that mirror looking back at me and the benefit of happiness in the return even in conversation after loosing all that weight.  I will feel better, even though the 6 months of seeing doctor's and psyciatrists, and RNs seems like hell.  I have not been there yet.  :) This is my second go at it, the last OHIP covered opportunity in Ontario, and my first go at going through more than one appointment,  Have a good one!

Perhaps you can pray the pounds away? 

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

hollykim
on 11/23/14 10:12 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On November 23, 2014 at 3:46 PM Pacific Time, bubbles23223 wrote:

what if it was your heart that was broken instead of. Your stomach? Cause our stomachs are broken,simple. As that. 

The God I know wants only the best for me in every way. He gave the ppl who developed WLS the brains,desire and ability to create it for our good. 

bubbles23223
on 11/23/14 9:57 pm - Canada

Thank-you Holykim on, that is the point I can't look past.  My stomach is broken.  In evaluating my medical history with weight loss, my metabolic rate wont stay up because of the meditative. Almost relaxation on the stomache colon area and belly hernia that needs repair.  Trying to prevent pain from coming back, or I'll wind up in hospital again for medical problems.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/23/14 10:10 pm - OH

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.