Weight loss

Maddykay
on 11/22/14 11:58 am

I've been told that sleevers only lose 60-70% of excess weight on average. Has anyone loss more than the average. I have 86 lbs of excess weight and was hoping to lose more than 60-70%. I have diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol so I think it would take more than the average weight loss.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Member Services
on 11/22/14 11:01 pm - Irvine, CA

Hi Maddykay,

Welcome to OH  We suggest you post this directly to our VSG forum. Here is the link http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/

Let us know if you need any further assistance

Valerie G.
on 11/23/14 2:04 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Have you looked at the duodenal switch?  It has the sleeve stomach with the added benefit of malabsorption to boost the metabolism, eliminate diabetes in 98% of the patients and cholesterol problems are a thing of the past.  It also has the highest percentage of weight loss and lowest rate of regain.  Its more drastic, but worth a look.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/23/14 2:36 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Just remember that you are not a statistic! I believe anyone can lose as much weight as they want for whichever surgery they choose. Of course it might be easier or quicker with the malabsorption surgeries, but you can succeed or fail on any kind of surgery.

Try using the search button in the upper rt hand corner to see other stories of other people on how much weight they lost & the surgery they chose. I'm a newbie & am still in my honeymoon phase but I know there are some vets out there that lost a whole lot of weight & went way beyond the average weight loss with just the vsg alone. They are an inspiration & I'm also hoping to be one of them! Good luck in whatever surgery you choose to do.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

MsBatt
on 11/24/14 7:27 am

Well, of COURSE there have been people who lost more than the average---and there many who've lost LESS than the average. That's how the 'average' is determined. (*grin*)

Given your medical problems, you really should research the DS as well. We have several DSers who got their surgery with about the same amount to lose as you have, but chose the DS over other surgeries because it better addressed their diabetes, high cholesterol, or other medical problems. The DS also has the best stats for maintaining weight loss long-term.