DAY 4 liquid pre op diet...UGHH

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/23/14 2:19 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Hang in there!, this part is tough, like another poster said this is to burn off that slippery stuff on your liver or as they said to shrink /defatify (I know probably not a word) your liver. That bad boy is very slippery for a surgeon & the less slippery it is the better. He doesn't want to nick it by accident. So just remember that you're doing all you can to make the surgery as safe as possible.

Variety is the spice of life. The same soups & broths gets old real quick. I had to do the liquid diet for 4 weeks, so I feel your pain. I did have lobster bisque, this mexican tortilla broth & there was chinese soup one too, very good. Since I was allowed a little vegetables I ate the progresso cream of mushroom soup, & a few other cream soups & sf popsicles. Really change it up & distract yourself from all this liquid stuff cuz it is totally boring.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

MickeyDee
on 11/23/14 2:40 am

You've done great;  don't fall down just before you reach the "Finish" line.

Hang in there.

brad0000
on 11/23/14 3:00 am

Are you allowed to have one meal a day at least?  I've been on shakes for breakfast and lunch with one meal per day, hasn't been totally awful.  Tomorrow, though is the last day and I can just have shakes and only clear liquids after 3pm.  Anyone know why there is such a variation in pre-op diets?  I figured it's different by procedure, but it seems to vary quite a lot.  I understand its to shrink the liver, but still, it seems like everybody on here was given something different.

Kate -True Brit
on 11/23/14 5:10 am - UK
On November 23, 2014 at 11:00 AM Pacific Time, brad0000 wrote:

Are you allowed to have one meal a day at least?  I've been on shakes for breakfast and lunch with one meal per day, hasn't been totally awful.  Tomorrow, though is the last day and I can just have shakes and only clear liquids after 3pm.  Anyone know why there is such a variation in pre-op diets?  I figured it's different by procedure, but it seems to vary quite a lot.  I understand its to shrink the liver, but still, it seems like everybody on here was given something different.

I used to hope it was because surgeons tailored regimes to individual patients. But I have come to the conclusion that they just all have their favourite plans!  I had no pre-op diet at all. Someone I know who had the same surgey through the same hospital but with a different doctor had to do a two week skimmed milk and yoghurt diet. And the two doctors actually work together as a team! 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/14 5:32 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Hahahaha Stay STRONG! You're so close now. You got this! 

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/14 7:44 am - RIVERDALE, NJ

Thanks guys!  

Hislady
on 11/23/14 8:58 am - Vancouver, WA

I had to do 30 days of nothing but skim milk 3x a day and all the non calories liquids I could get down. So enough whinin' pull up them britches and get with the program.

MickeyDee
on 11/23/14 9:09 am

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/14 1:08 am - RIVERDALE, NJ

Very true I needed to here that

Han Shot First
on 11/24/14 11:20 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

There's no doubt my pre-op diet was worse than anything post-op afterwards.  It's just over a week to go - you got this!

--

150 lost and maintaining!