Unflavored Protein Powder

mary1967
on 11/22/14 8:08 am
VSG on 11/13/14

Does anyone know of a good unflavored powder that I can add to my drinks. I'm 9 days out of surgery (VSG) and having a little trouble finding something that I feel I can live with long term.

PrayMore
on 11/22/14 8:33 am

I ordered the Unjury unflavored, but I haven't tried it yet. Sorry I can't report more. The order came quickly - within 48 hours. I'll be watching your post for other ideas! So far, I've just used Celebrate vanilla and chocolate for my pre-op diet. I like those very much, though. Good luck!

5'6", VSG on Dec. 2

Eggface
on 11/22/14 8:39 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Unflavored just means not chocolate or mocha or vanilla etc. it has a pretty distinct 'flavor' "Unflavored" brands I have tried BiPro, Unjury but if you are looking to mask the taste I suggest sticking with a flavor and adding stuff. Examples: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2014/04/eggfa ce-favorite-protein-shakes-and.html they are not all nasty :) some are really yummy its one of those trial and error taste test thing one person's delicious treat is another nasty gack... get some samples... some companies sell travel packet sizes, if you have a support group ask your leader if you can have a protein tasting party... everyone brings their fav, water, shaker bottles, little dixie cups and mixes up tastes, stores like GNC/Nutrishops etc will mix up tastes in store.

Hope you find one you enjoy. You technically don't have to live with it once you can get protein in food... though I still love to have shakes and have a few a week, easy quick source of protein.

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

mary1967
on 11/22/14 8:53 am
VSG on 11/13/14

Thanks, I'm using Nectar Chocolate Truffle, and Premier Protein (ready to drink). They are both good but I find myself having to make myself finish the Premier Protein. I was hopeful that there may be something better then what I'm trying.  Thanks again!

kathkeb
on 11/22/14 9:10 am

Personally, I found that adding a little bit of decaf coffee to the chocolate shakes made them much more tolerable.  The coffee masked some of the sweet aftertaste ...... Gave it a mocha flavor.

When I used the Unjury unflavored I added it to dry pudding mix to make some protein pudding.

I added a tablespoon or 2 to the Jello sugar free cookies and cream flavor before I mixed in the skim milk .... 

Kath

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/14 5:41 pm
RNY on 11/12/14 with

I am 11 days out from RNY.

Was struggling to get protein in -Went days without any.

My mom went and got me some unflavored protein since my before-surgery-favorite is now sickening.

She bought me MuscleTech Platinum 100% Iso Zero 

I put some in a bottle of water, add crystal light, and I'm finally getting in my protein. I don't taste it at all.

Good luck.

-M

White Dove
on 11/22/14 9:01 pm - Warren, OH

Beneprotein does not have the strong taste and is easy to mix.  Order through Walgreen's website. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

mary1967
on 11/22/14 10:36 pm
VSG on 11/13/14

Thanks guys for all your help, I'm going to check each one and see if I like any of them.

Thebiggestloser
on 11/23/14 12:27 am
VSG on 11/19/14

I use the unflavored isopure. It has no flavor. I add it to pudding soup and yogurt. You can buy a 3lb tub on amazon for $35. 

BWells8710
on 11/23/14 2:14 am

I am pre-op and I use the Unflavored Unjury and I 💜 it. It is the only protein powder that I can tolerate. I love the vanilla too. But Unjury is very good but it goes fast with the big scoop and it is only 15 scoops in the canister.