Help!!!! need guidance....

smartinez_68
on 11/20/14 2:30 am

Hi i had gastric by-pass surgery over 10 years ago, i was close to 300 pounds and went dow to 170 within 2 years; so after that time i been on up and down path which is hard to try to estbilize but i have managed, im 48 years hold and now i am at a point that i cant loose any weight i gained about 30- pounds back so i am hitting 200 now days which it is so depressing and find my slef no knowing what to do , i go to the gym at least 4 times a day i have a normal diet not high in fats and nothing seems to help.... I need some guidance as what to do i dont want to keep gaining more weight i want to go down to 150 which was my ideal weight but it is soooo darn hard.  Please anyone help.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 11/20/14 4:13 am
VSG on 12/06/12

People are going to want more detail if you want help. What exactly do you eat? Do you drink soda? Do you drink with your meals? This will help you get more advice.

Cathy W.
on 11/20/14 5:48 am

What are you doing differently than you were when you first lost weight?  Specifically, are you grazing, eating more carbs-especially simple carbs, less protein, giving in to head hunger and emotionally eating?  Whenever we experience a weight regain, with the exception of an issue with your surgery, it is because we've returned to old habits. 

I've had weight regain a couple of times.  You can lose it but you have to be honest with yourself and what you are (or aren't) doing that has caused the regain.  You said that you're not eating a diet high in fats but more importantly are the carbs, sugar and protein. 

poet_kelly
on 11/20/14 10:43 am - OH

How many calories do you eat in a typical day?  How much protein?

How much exercise do you do?  You don't really go to the gym four times a day, do you?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Valerie G.
on 11/20/14 10:18 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

How's your carb intake?  New studies are finding that carbs are a larger contributor to obesity than fat.  If you're still eating the old 'rice and veggies' diet - it's time to switch to a diet heavier in protein.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes