Surgery in 2 days

Sash_Magosh
on 11/18/14 12:20 am

Hello all!

Im new on here and will be having my surgery on 11/20. My nerves are starting to kick in but just like when I got married I know its the beginning of the best of yet to come. Anyone have any tips they can give me heading into this new world/adventure. Thank You

Member Services
on 11/18/14 12:41 am - Irvine, CA
(deactivated member)
on 11/18/14 6:22 am
VSG on 11/13/14

Make sure you are mentally prepared for not eating anymore and taking tiny sips all day. I just had my surgery 5 days ago and I was a little unprepared. I'm still working on getting more fluids in and my tastes have definitely changed so its hard. I just want to eat something that I can chew and I feel hungry all day.  Its a little better now that I've gone from clear liquid to full liquid and I'm sure pureed foods in a couple of weeks will be a little better but I can't wait for Xmas day when I can start eating regular food. Liquids aren't really cutting it for me. 

Poodlemac
on 11/18/14 12:35 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

Where did you have surgery, cabakarich?  Your plan sounds like mine. You in Texas?

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/14 1:10 pm
VSG on 11/13/14

I'm in Sacramento California. Its amazing how different areas have different plans. I figured it would be the same all around.