Just finished pre-op testing

Tiff2402
on 11/17/14 10:58 pm

I am 1 week away from surgery and  the nerves are starting to kick in. It feels good to finally be done with all of testing/consult appointments,  all that's left is my pre-op apt with my surgeon on Monday. I feel like I need to prepare my home like I did before each of babies were born. So many things running through my mind.

Any tips on things to do at home before surgery?

Nakia I.
on 11/17/14 11:10 pm
VSG on 12/08/14

I am feeling the same way with surgery on Dec 8th, 2014. I am still waiting for the nurse to call and tell me what time I am to meet with the surgeon for the final time.

Bill Barrow
on 11/18/14 4:13 am
VSG on 12/01/14

I'm in the same boat... my VSG is scheduled for Dec.1st and I had my pre-op testing on Monday,  I started my pre-op diet on Monday and and have a meeting  with the surgeon for the final time  on Thursday. How do I stop from being so hungry?  I have been drinking a lot of water but i'm still hungry... so far I have been able to just have the protein shakes and the small meal for supper. but after eating anything I want, My stomach won't stop the "There's a Rumbling in my Tumbling" Good Luck....

gigemgarcia
on 11/18/14 6:52 am
RNY on 12/08/14

We have the same surgery date! :]

Han Shot First
on 11/19/14 10:40 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I think besides things like making sure household chores are all caught up, one of the best pieces of advice I had was to make sure your grocery shopping was all done for at least the first two weeks after surgery.  And make sure you have a good variety of food, since who knows what will sound or taste good after the surgery is done.

--

150 lost and maintaining!