Travel to Juarez?

SoSmilie
on 11/15/14 6:26 am - South Bend, IN

Okay, I am pretty sure I am going to MX in January to get the sleeve.  Hubs has agreed to go with me, but he's still not happy about it.  My main concern right now is safety in traveling to Juarez.  Has anyone traveled there recently and were there any problems or feeling of being unsafe?  I'm going through Belite Weight and they pick you up in El Paso and take you directly across the border to the hospital.  I just don't want to get caught up in all the violence that's going on there.

Member Services
on 11/15/14 8:37 am - Irvine, CA

Hello SoSmilie,

Please post this on the Mexico Forum also...  

SoSmilie
on 11/15/14 9:48 am - South Bend, IN

Thanks - I did!  I had tried before but the Mexico forum kept sending me back to the General Discussion.  But it worked this time!

Member Services
on 11/15/14 10:50 am - Irvine, CA

OH NO    We are so glad it worked this time.  Please let us know if we can help.

Okiebon
on 11/15/14 11:17 am

Would you feel more comfortable going to Tijuana?  If so, Dr. Rodriguez and his entire team do surgeries at Hospital Angeles in Tijuana one week each month.  That may be an option for you.  There is no difference in his cost between Tijuana and Juarez.

Debola
on 11/16/14 7:21 am

Personally I wouldn't go anywhere near Juarez, there's just too much going on in that area.  I would choose to go to Tijuana over Juarez any day, but even then, always be aware of your surroundings and people around you.

Be safe.