Low grade fever....

Maureen H.
on 11/15/14 4:55 am
VSG on 10/30/14

Yesterday I slept all day due to a migraine. Did not get any medicines in, fluids, or foods. Upon waking up, I had terrible acid build up and a throbbing under my right breast (which I later was told by my surgeons office on-call was my gall-bladder inflamed). The on-call told me to take my acid medicine and wait out the acid to recede. If the pain didnt subside in 24 hours I would need to come in to the ER since it is the weekend. The acid went down and the pain went away under my breast after about 6 hours. I woke up this morning and have felt kinda sluggish and tired. I finally just took my temperature and I have a low grade fever of 100.6. Could this be related? Could it be dehydration? Or could it just be coincidental? Opinions

poet_kelly
on 11/15/14 5:16 am - OH

I'd call your surgeon's office.  You may have some sort of infection, which may or may not be related to surgery.  Your temp isn't real high and it may not be anything to worry about, but your surgery was just a couple weeks ago and personally I'd play it safe and call.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Valerie G.
on 11/15/14 11:35 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I would be concerned about that inflamed gallbladder for one.  You may be headed to another surgery soon.  Get started on some long-term acid reducer to keep it under control.  Many surgeons prescribe it for 6 mos.  

Sluggish and tired could definitely be dehydration.  Remember 64oz daily is your goal.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Maureen H.
on 11/16/14 2:54 am
VSG on 10/30/14

I'm on a long term acid reducer but missed it all day the day I had a migraine. I resumed the acid reducer immediately. 

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 11/17/14 4:44 am
VSG on 01/11/16

Are you feeling any better today? Did you need to call your Dr?

Hope all is well!

Maureen H.
on 11/17/14 5:12 am
VSG on 10/30/14

Feeling much better today. Acid is mostly gone but I feel like I'm at step one with consuming liquids and soft foods. Restriction is tight and it's hard for both liquids and soft foods to go down now. Talked to doctor and he said if pain has gone away that I just need to monitor. He said pain from the gallbladder is common with that much acid build up. If the pain returns he wants to see me in the office.