Ah Ha Moment - Spirit vs Flesh

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 11/15/14 3:35 pm, edited 11/15/14 3:38 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Very very well said and true! Our old habits are so hard to lay to rest forever. I like your analogy of the tool doing its job but you as the tool operator, not doing yours! Very to the point. And the trouble is that now a few months post op you can only eat half the buttered roll, but in a year or two or five you will be able to eat the whole roll and then one more an hour later and so on and so on. 

I agree with Hala - skip the roll and get some bacon and eggs. I have been doing the low carb high(er) fat approach since surgery and have not been hungry or felt deprived and have been able to eat all my favourite foods just without the "carrier" - bread, potato, rice, pasta - but everything that I used to put on top of these I can still enjoy and I do!

best of luck in your continued journey to enlightenment!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Willie H.
on 11/17/14 10:01 pm
VSG on 08/26/14

Really? "in a year or two or five you will be able to eat the whole roll and then one more an hour later and so on and so on" That is scary! Sounds like what I used to do. Thanks, I'll file that in my mind and hope if I find myself doing that I have another "Ah Ha" moment and recall your words. Thanks for all of your advice. I started eating more protein and less carbs along with exercise yesterday. I know how easy it is to fall back into bad habits!!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

MickeyDee
on 11/16/14 4:44 pm

What is really hard to deal with is the absolutely astounding abundance of the refined white carbs in our diets.  They are EVERYWHERE.  

I went to a Sunday brunch at a local church;  there were pasta casseroles as far as the eye could see.  No wonder the poor pastor looked like he was about to have a coronary, and he was definitely straining the seams of his flowing gown.  

Walk through a market; there are aisles and aisles of refined white carbs and only two or three aisles where protein dominated.  It takes a will of iron to go through a grocery store and only come out with what we NEED to eat.

Definitely, keep in mind your goal of eating healthily for your life.  Because, it is for your LIFE.

Hang in there.