Loose skin and

TinaInTexas
on 11/16/14 4:23 am

Thanks for the advice !

Han Shot First
on 11/15/14 1:27 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I'm only 6 weeks out, and I love the fact that I already have loose skin on my stomach.  My 5 year old daughter loves to tug on it!  For me, it's the sign of a victory, although I have a lot to go.  I love the attitude of the guy on youtube that's been making the rounds.  It's amazing how much he has lost, how buff he's gotten, and his attitude towards his skin.  My Biggest Insecurity: Loose Skin

--

150 lost and maintaining!

sarah66
on 11/15/14 4:01 am - CT
RNY on 08/05/08 with

Exercise helped my arms - I think the muscles filled out the loose skin, but abdominoplasty this summer eliminated what I called my "lap baby" because I felt like I had a baby sitting on my other wise average lap...  Spanx and shapewear definitely made it fine from outside of my clothes, but I appreciate the view much more now when I take my clothes off.  Still some on thighs, back, chin, but I won't be pursuing further correction - the rest is just mileage.  Keep up the good work, Sarah

TinaInTexas
on 11/16/14 4:12 am

I know men loose quicker than us, but how have you lost that much weight in 6 weeks ? Diet of ? Exercise of ?

Thanks for the input !

Han Shot First
on 11/16/14 9:13 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I'm counting my pre-op diet in this weight loss, with was about 20 pounds, so it's actually been 39 lbs lost as of today.  I haven't really been exercising yet, maybe two times a week.  That changes this week.  Besides that, I've been focusing on my basics:  at least 80 g of protein a day, 64 oz of water a day, and that's really about it.  It has slowed down for me over the last couple of weeks, but I'm still losing 5-7 pounds a week right now.

--

TinaInTexas
on 12/2/14 9:18 am

What kind of food are you eating to get up to 70 gms of protein ? 

Han Shot First
on 12/4/14 2:03 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Here's what I had yesterday:

Breakfast - Pure Protein Bar - 20 g

Snack - Sargento String Cheese - 8g

Lunch - 4oz Canned Tuna - 21g

Snack - Sargento String Cheese - 8g

Dinner - 4oz Chicken Breast - 34g

This gives me 91g for the day, and doesn't even count any other small amounts of protein I may have.  

--

TinaInTexas
on 12/10/14 11:00 am

Thanks, maybe I am getting in more than I think.. tuna has that much protein ?!!?!?

I searched the web, does anyone have a good site for high protein foods ?

Take care~

Chilipepper
on 11/16/14 8:54 am

Are you drinking more than 12 oz's of water a day yet?  You will have more problems than loose skin

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

TinaInTexas
on 12/2/14 9:17 am

Yes I think I am up to 16 to 24 oz a day , are you saying that more liquid will help the skin issue ?