Dr. almanza in mexico???

Taychristine91
on 11/15/14 1:23 am - Temecula , CA

Has anyone gone to him?  Thoughts? 

Member Services
on 11/15/14 3:26 am - Irvine, CA

Hello Taychristine91,

Here is a link to his profile and reviews.  If you need assistance with anything else, please let us know. You can reach us at [email protected]

Mario Alberto Almanza-Reyes, None Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   Mario Alberto Almanza-Reyes Bariatric Surgeon None ... I got sleeved on May 13 2013 in Tijuana Mexico by Dr.Alberto Almanza,it was the best thing that could ... www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr...almanza.../reviews

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 11/15/14 3:39 pm

The only positive things I've read about any of the surgeons in that clinic were written by employees at that clinic. There were some scary accounts from folks here who went there and were lucky to get back to the hospital back in the US. 

Without putting out a bunch of specifics that will get this post pulled, I HIGHLY SUGGEST you do more research on a surgeon. I have gone outside the US and had surgeries in Mexico and India, so don't have issues with other countries, but there are good, and terrible surgeons everywhere, and your looking at some of the worst. 

If you are set on mexico, Dr Ungson has a good reputation, and is used to dealing with patients traveling there.

Taychristine91
on 11/15/14 3:40 pm - Temecula , CA

Thank you Amy :) 

Janice N.
on 11/16/14 8:30 am - MO
Mini Gastric Bypass on 10/01/14

I went to Dr. Verboonen he done a wonderful job. He has 2 locations one in Tijuana and another in Cancun, Mexico

IsaacPol
on 11/16/14 10:59 am

I have not heard ANY good things either and have read many negatives, be careful with him.    I went with Dr Wilhelmy in Mexicali to have  my sleeve redone I had a great experience there!  I also heard good things about Dr Ungson who works at the same hospital.