sweat is fat CRYING....this is about exercise...

CerealKiller Kat71
on 11/15/14 1:26 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I also exercise 5 to 7 times a week.  Do keep in mind that the calories burned are highly inaccurate.  It does make me feel great.  I started out walking at an average 2.0 mph on the treadmill for 15 minutes and being exhausted -- now I can run a 5K at an average speed of 6 mph --- So I get it.  However, do know that weight loss is 90% food intake.  I do it for the health benefits knowing that it really doesn't add much to my total loss.  Good for you!  Keep up the great work!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/14 1:51 am

Congratulations on your exercise. When I exercise at a fitness center, I will always use the weight machines to build muscle.  Muscle burns more calories than fat does. 

Josh H.
on 11/15/14 3:21 am - Merida, Mexico
RNY on 12/20/05 with

Exercise is great for weight loss, but is just a small part of it. And just a reminder to those who are confused, sweat does not equal fat burned. It is nothing more than the body reacting to heat. Sweat is nothing more than a coolant. Just to clarify, but congrats on the new found addiction! keep up  the good work!

462/449/200

"I'm not ashamed of where i've been but proud of where i am!"

Bonnie250
on 11/16/14 10:43 pm
RNY on 08/25/14

I realize that sweat doesnt equal fat burned, It's simply a motivating quote, for exercise..Thanks for the congrats!

Bonnie

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/16/14 2:02 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I think diet is to get the weight off, but exercise helps to keep it off, but all in all it still comes down to what you eat. I have to keep reminding myself that whenever I put in the exercise portion on the my fitness pal app that it doesn't mean I can have more calories for the day, but it sure feels good that it says that I can!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/14 4:26 am

Awesome Post Bonnie!!!! I too exercise 5 days a week in addition to short health walks throughout the day!!! Building muscle tone increases your metabolism, fact!!! More muscle burns more calories to move them!!! Aside from that Exercise is the most invigorating, Stress relieving, Healthy thing you can do for your body & mind besides eating healthy!!! You're right to be so Excited!!!!

Bonnie250
on 11/17/14 10:56 am, edited 11/17/14 10:57 am
RNY on 08/25/14

Thank you for your reply! Some of the other replies, well, were just depressing me!

Bonnie

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/14 12:43 am