How long was your hospital stay

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/14/14 10:34 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I had mine done on a Friday & I went home on a Sunday. The leak test was on a Saturday but I wasn't drinking enough fluids to go home that day. I was thankful for the extra night in the hospital. I felt way too tired & weak to go home that day, but felt way better the next day. You won't know how long you'll need till after you've had the surgery. Don't ru**** you'll get way better care in the hospital than at home anyway. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

NYMom222
on 11/14/14 1:11 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

They told me 2 days, the morning after of the third day the Doc was like 'maybe' you can go home today. I was like no...I want to go home. Couldn't sleep there and my back was aching from the bed. He sent me home. Honestly I could have gone home later the next day but by then they are just going to keep you.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Valerie G.
on 11/14/14 11:58 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Don't rush yourself with this.  Expect a couple days in the hospital and a good month or more recovering at home.  This is not a new haircut - it's major stuff.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Josh H.
on 11/15/14 3:28 am - Merida, Mexico
RNY on 12/20/05 with

Yes a month at home if you are the world's slowest healer.

462/449/200

"I'm not ashamed of where i've been but proud of where i am!"

Valerie G.
on 11/15/14 4:24 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I was home for 2 months, actually, and quite grateful for it..  I was extremely listless for a good 5-6 weeks and spent the remaining weeks getting a good routine for eating and vitamins.

Much depends on what impression you want to give at work.  If you want to put out the impression of a need to be coddled and work partial schedules, go home early and milk it, then by all means why not go back a week later?  If you want to return to a regular work load and be viewed being tough as nails, then it pays to give the time to heal fully before returning to work.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Josh H.
on 11/16/14 1:09 am - Merida, Mexico
RNY on 12/20/05 with

Well i agree to taking it easy to an extent. But nobody every got stronger by sitting on their backside. 

462/449/200

"I'm not ashamed of where i've been but proud of where i am!"

SusieOl
on 11/16/14 10:17 am

18 days. Major complications!!!

Emiepie
on 11/16/14 10:39 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I went home the following afternoon. So much more comfortable at home and more sleep since a nurse wasn't coming to check vitals every few hours.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

swimbikerun
on 11/17/14 11:59 pm

Surgery on Thursday, out on Saturday am.

Changing to a new blog. Please investigate your surgeon. Ask specific questions on after care, practice philosophies, office staff, nutrition, supplements, etc.