Support Meetings in NYC

Ameehan_78
on 11/10/14 6:58 pm

Hello all,  I had my VSG March 2013.  I've lost as much as 99.0 but I hit a wall almost 8 months ago.  I started in on carbs and now I seriously consider myself addicted and can't quit them or sugar.  I've tried eliminating them from my diet, but I give in to the cravings.  I am still 50 pounds from my goal.  I am not giving up!  I think I need additional help in the form of a support group in person where I'm more accountable than online.  I equate it to be doing better on Weigh****chers when I went to meetings versus just doing it online.  

My my surgeon has meetings once a month and I've been only once.  I found the time and location of the meeting to be too inconvenient and I was hoping it was a smaller forum.  Those meetings are also just once a month and right now I'm desperate for something more frequent and hopefully conveniently timed and located.  

I was thinking of attending an over-eaters anonymous, but I'd like to find a place where other who have had WLS attend so I'm amongst similar people. 

If you know of any support groups where I can go join in person I'd greatly appreciate it.  

Thanks!

Cathy W.
on 11/11/14 7:03 am

You can post this on the New York state message board so other New Yorkers will see it. 

You can also send an email to the OH Member Services team with the city and zip code where you live and can be sent some NY support group leaders that we have a list of.

NYMom222
on 11/11/14 1:43 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Don't know your transportation situation, but there is a really good support group that meets in suffolk and nassau counties called LIPO - Long Island Post Operatives.  The monthly meeting are for patients from any Doctor, but they also have a lot of activities and things to do besides the meetings. A great group. They have a website and Facebook page. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save