Inspiring-Be comfortable in your own skin, no matter how much of it you have

Chilipepper
on 11/13/14 8:36 am

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

saterry
on 11/13/14 9:32 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

I would rather spend the rest of my life with my baggie body than have a body and mind with no life to live.......

Carpe Diem.......

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

Member Services
on 11/13/14 9:56 am - Irvine, CA

CerealKiller Kat71
on 11/14/14 10:22 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

Thanks for posting this Chili.  It IS inspiring.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

VSG on 06/12/13

I love that he put himself out there that way. Definitely braver than I am. I clicked on this link from the original story and think it's the best information I have ever seen on what to expect post op. Almost like it should be required reading for pre ops. Some nuggets that jumped out at me:

"the idea that extreme weight loss has an end point after which life reverts to "normal" leaves dieters with very little recourse once the thrill of weight loss has ended. For those who have struggled with food, maintaining new habits is a lifelong, day-by-day process."

or, how about this one?

on the topic of setting goal weights/getting away from numbers: "We define ideal weight as the weight that you get down to when you're eating in a healthy way that you can keep up with for your whole life."

Definitely good stuff here.

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!