B12 patches

Maureen H.
on 11/12/14 2:10 am
VSG on 10/30/14

Has anyone tried Vitamin b12 patches? Are they as effective as taking a daily pill or the b12 injections? Just curious? 

poet_kelly
on 11/12/14 2:40 am - OH

They weren't as effective for me.  For a while they kept my level OK, but then it dropped so I switched to injections.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Poodlemac
on 11/12/14 2:47 am
RNY on 09/26/14

Can one give themselves the injections?  How expensive are the shots comparatively?

poet_kelly
on 11/12/14 2:53 am - OH

Oh yeah, I'd say most people probably do the injections themselves.  It's super easy.  I do mine sub-cutaneously, which just means it goes under the skin as opposed to in the muscle, so I use a really small needle and I barely even feel it.

Cost-wise, it depends on if insurance covers them or not.   My insurance used to cover the B12 but not the syringes.  I had a $2.50 copay for a month's worth of B12 (I do the shots twice a month) and the syringes cost me about 25 cents each.  Now my insurance doesn't cover the B12 anymore either so that costs me about $8.  Plus the syringes so now I pay about $4.25 per shot, twice a month.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

NancyTina
on 11/12/14 3:59 am

I heard about PatchMD from the OH conference so I tried the B12 one.  I had taken the sublingual B12 but didn't feel any different.  When I used the B12 patch, I really feel the difference.  I have used them for about four months and am very happy with them.  I think the difference is because of the delivery of the product via a patch versus a pill. 

Maureen H.
on 11/12/14 3:03 am
VSG on 10/30/14

Where do you get your B12 patch from? Do you order it online?

NancyTina
on 11/12/14 4:00 am, edited 11/12/14 3:50 am

At the time that I started using them, I bought them online on their website - www.patchmd.com

I saw them on the OH website so I placed my last order through OH and received them even quicker than I normally do.  I found the link that I used to buy them:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/product/b12-energy-plus- topical-patch-30-day-supply/

Since using the patches, I don't have to mess around with remembering to take my vitamins, taking them with food, etc.  I put the patches on in the morning and forget about them.  I'm much more compliant with my vitamins now because I don't like taking pills. 

I hope this helps.

poet_kelly
on 11/12/14 4:20 am - OH

Have you had labs done, though, to make sure it's keeping your level up?

MarthaMiles
on 11/12/14 4:00 am

Hi sbulime29,

I too am having B12 issues.  I did a series of shots and it's still low. I am using the B12 patches from  PatchMD.  Since it was low I doubled up on the patches the first 30 days and now doing one a day. As soon as I get my new labs I will let you know how it goes.  Swallowing pills was a challenge so patches would be great for me.

Cathy W.
on 11/12/14 3:59 am

Check out the giveaway for Patch MD.  Good luck!