Protein HELP!

Bette B.
on 11/12/14 12:11 am

The premade ones can be iffy: what I like you may hate, and vice versa. My best suggestion is to make your own with protein powder, yogurt and fruit. You can hide a world of icky protein with stuff that you like.

For example, the shake in front of me (my breakfast) is 8 ounces of skim milk, 6 or 8 ounces of iced coffee concentrate, a banana, a scoop of protein powder, a squirt of chocolate syrup and a few ice cubes, blended. I usually add a small spoonful of peanut or almond butter for added pizazz, but skipped it today.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Bette B.
on 11/12/14 12:18 am

I just want to add that, for me, protein shakes are pretty important. I'm seldom in a "breakfast" kind of mood (or, rather, my stomach is) so I usually start the day off with a shake.

On days when we start the day at the gym, i ALWAYS take a half protein/half iced coffee shake with me so I will have some "gas in my tank" to get me through the workout. On the other days, I have one to carry me through to lunch when I'm usually more hungry. On Sundays, we go out for brunch and I enjoy my "real" breakfast.

catalina07
on 11/12/14 1:21 am - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

That all sounds really good. I think I need to get a blender this week!!!

Revision: Band to Bypass - 11/20/14

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

Poodlemac
on 11/12/14 2:57 am
RNY on 09/26/14

I picked up a mixer bottle (whatever they're called!) in the protein aisle at Walmart for $6 ish. Works great. Has a wire blender ball in it that you shake up your shakes in. Much cheaper and a LOT LESS headache to clean up if you don't really need a blender. 

MAchick
on 11/12/14 11:05 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

I love blenders now, but early on it aerated my protein drinks too much. I had a difficult time with a "frappe" drink as opposed to something that was just mixed or dissolved.

Bette B.
on 11/12/14 12:20 am

(I know, I know. Shut up already!) 

I wanted to add that you can find a bajllion shake recipes online. Just do a Google search. Here's a link to get you started: http://greatist.com/eat/high-protein-smoothie-recipes

catalina07
on 11/12/14 1:21 am - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

no no no! dont shut up! lol   

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

Bette B.
on 11/12/14 2:03 am

Ah, it's nice to be wanted! 

Eggface
on 11/12/14 12:47 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Taste test a ton there are delicious ones out there.

Hope a few of these ideas help: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2014/04/eggfa ce-favorite-protein-shakes-and.html

Best wishes on your surgery! Best gift I ever gave myself. Hope you will feel the same way.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

catalina07
on 11/12/14 1:22 am - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

thanks you so much! I am going to read it now

Lap Band - 7/30/07