Waiting impatiently

Anichka
on 11/13/14 11:25 am

Was referred in June. No one will call me back, they say they didn't get my dr's referral even though they sent it twice. They won't even call my dr back. It's kinda ridiculous. I understand they are busy. I was only trying to make sure they got my referral since I know people who have had their referral lost. I think the whole thing is very rude. Does anyone have any advice?

NikkyBeauty
on 11/13/14 7:22 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

call the dr *****ferred you!! Thats a long time for them to say they haven't recived anything that's crazy!! Let the dr know your Refferral hasn't been recived and that it needs to be sent again, then call back and make sure it's been sent!! Just stay on their ass's and bug the hell out of them! I had to fight hard for my dr to even reffer me and it was back and forth bs once It was sent, but I called my ins. company damn near everyday until it was approved! Good luck!

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

hollykim
on 11/14/14 1:04 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

pick up a copy of the referral and hand carry it to the surgeon. Or find a new surgeon who's staff is on the ball.

Anichka
on 11/14/14 8:05 am

I think it works differently in ontario. Your dr refers you and then it goes to a central office and they send you to the nearest hospital to have it done

Molly83
on 11/22/14 3:47 am - Canada

Hi, 

I understand your frustration. My referral was sent in by my doctor in June. I then called in September asking about my orientation date. I was told to keep waiting. I called again in November and was very upset to hear that in August my referral haf been sent back to my doctor. Something had not been filled out properly. It was then sent back to the Ottawa weight loss clinic. I was then put on the waiting list. I am still waiting for my orientation date and I'm hoping to get in by January. I would recommend calling your doctor and asking when it was sent in. And then call the clinic you were referred to and tell them this is when it was sent in and where do you stand on the waiting list. Keep on them and stay strong. If you were like me this was a hard decision. Don't let this bring you down.

Anichka
on 11/22/14 8:49 am

Thanks! My doctors secretary has tried to call them as well. They are impossible to get a hold of and they don't return my phone calls or hers

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/22/14 4:14 am - OH

If you are in the US, I would find another surgeon!  we need to have a good working relationship with both your surgeon in his/her office, and if  they are this unresponsive before you have had anything done, I would NOT count on them being any more responsive if you need something post-op!

MANY surgeons are now doing bariatric surgery simply  because it easy (especially if they only do sleeve and band) and lucrative.  They don't give a damn about the patients.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.