New to the site..

scared78
on 11/8/14 8:18 am

Hi everyone!  I am new to this site and I choose to become a member because I hopefully, will be having the Sleeve surgrey and I am really nervious and want to be successful with this..  I am looking for advise on how to use this site and how do I create friends and/or support group?

I do have to say that reading some of the posts has been really encouraging and awesome to know that I am not alone.

scared78

Amy R.
on 11/8/14 5:01 pm

Welcome=)

If you're having the sleeve, you may want to post on that specific forum.  You'll likely get more responses.  Here is the link:  

Sleeve Forum

This Main Forum that we're on now doesn't get as many surgery specific questions/answers/discussions.  

Glad you found us.  OH is a pretty nice place to land in the WLS world.  You'll find many helpful people here.  Best of luck to you on your journey.

amy

scared78
on 11/9/14 5:39 am

Thank you so much Amy!

Amy R.
on 11/9/14 6:38 am

=)

Member Services
on 11/9/14 1:36 am - Irvine, CA

Hello scared78,

We have a help section at the bottom of the webpage that has tutorials to help you navigate the site.  Be sure and check out the VSG forum since that is the surgery type you are considering.  You can find a support group list under the community tab and lots or resources under the resource tab.

If you need help just give us a shout at [email protected]. We are here for you

Watson
on 11/9/14 12:39 pm
VSG on 06/08/10 with

Hello scared78,

Welcome to OH.com. I myself had the Sleeve surgery over 4 years ago and doing great. There is a Sleeve Forum on this site and other weight loss surgery forums, check them out and do your homework and talk to your doctor and/or weight loss surgeon about what you have learned from this site and find out which weight loss surgery is right for you. I too was nervous when I went in to have weight loss surgery and when I started my journey to a new me.

This site is great and helped me out a lot. Once again, welcome to OH.com

I just sent you a friend request.

Highest Weight: 565 pounds (around 1999), Highest BMI: 94

Pre-op Weight: 476.40 pounds (2 weeks before {05/25/2010} VSG surgery), Pre-op BMI: 79.3

Lowest Weight: 153.5 pounds (as of 07/10/2013), Lowest BMI: 25.5

Current Weight: 350.75546 pounds (351 lb 0 oz./159.1 kilograms (as of 04/22/2019), Current BMI: 58.3