got my date!

Micah
on 11/7/14 10:01 am - TAYLORSVILLE, UT

ooooo my goodness lol I got my surgery date November 24 ! It feels like its happing so fast . if any one has advise I could sure use it . I start my two week pre op diet Monday! here we gooooo

kathkeb
on 11/7/14 10:32 am, edited 11/7/14 10:33 am

Congrats, Micah!

as far as advice, I would say to read here as much as you can.

You can learn from everyone...... From some, you will learn that you want to be like them, from others, you may learn that you don't want to be like them.

Prepare yourself mentally for surgery.  You will probably be sore for a while afterwards, you will get sick and tired of the liquid diet, most people do, but it is temporary and with perseverance and planning, you will get through it just fine.

It helped me to make a few lists.

1.  List of reasons that I was having surgery

2.  List of things to do besides eat, if it was not mealtime I had to do something on that list and then re-evaluate

3.  List of ways I will know I am being successful, scale related or not

Thise things helped me keep my focus off of what I could not have or do and it put my focus on my changing behaviors.

I firmly believe that the biggest part of this whole ride is emotional and mental.  Being prepared was a key factor to getting to my goal.

Kath

Micah
on 11/7/14 10:44 pm - TAYLORSVILLE, UT

wow hank you so much for the advise. I appreciate you taking the time to write back to me . I agree the more informed I feel the better I feel about this and its funny u should mention list lol I use them for everything! congrats on reaching your goal! I am a wave of emotions right now but it helps so much to feel connected I don't know anyone personally who as had surgery so when I can tslk to someone who has I feel better!

Tiff2402
on 11/7/14 12:09 pm

I just got my date today as well, 11/26!

Micah
on 11/7/14 10:46 pm - TAYLORSVILLE, UT

that's awesome... how do you feel about it being so close to thanksgiving?? my family decided to have it tomorrow .... it feels like a test from the universe lol well good luck!!

Tiff2402
on 11/7/14 11:16 pm

I have three kids so I feel bad about not being there with them so I decided to make everything the day before surgery so my husband can just put it in the oven. But part of me thinks it's the perfect day to start the next chapter in my life. Sure I'm going to miss all of my favorite foods of Thanksgiving but I keep telling my self instead I'm going to be thankful for a second chance. 

Micah
on 11/8/14 9:54 am - TAYLORSVILLE, UT

i agree! that's what I thought too and I have four kids N one of there birthdays is the week before so its gunna be crazy but I was also ok with missing the holiday but I think everyone felt bad eating in front of me even though I think we are going to be fresh out of surgery and probably not hungry at all!

Tiff2402
on 11/8/14 10:44 am

What surgery are you having? When are you starting your liquid diet?

Member Services
on 11/9/14 1:39 am - Irvine, CA