Regret

Ashley Schuster
on 11/7/14 2:42 am

I had my VSG on the 22nd of October and at first it was fine. I felt good for the most part and I was able to do as I pleased mostly. But then I became really tired and it was hard to make myself drink the protein shakes. It's all gone down hill from there. Not being able to stave off dehydration and now I'm having issues with constipation, nausea, and just this over-all icky and listless feeling. Right now I'm really regretting having done this. :(

TheNewT
on 11/7/14 3:05 am
VSG on 08/04/14

Feeling crappy will definitely make you wonder why you did this to yourself. I just try to remember that in the 50-60 more years I have on this earth, these few months are just a blip on the radar. Things will improve and this will be a distant memory.

A lot of the things you listed (constipation, listless feeling) can be tied to dehydration. On my last day at the hospital my nurse told me a few things that I could do wrong that would put me right back in the hospital. Not keeping up with the liquids was one of them. Have you tried different temperatures of liquids? In the beginning I needed everything ice/freezer cold. Some people had to do warm/hot... making broth their go to liquid. Also, try a variety of beverages. Drinking jus****er can get boring. Can you try Crystal Lite or Mio? Can you have Vitamin Water 0 or PowerAde 0?

Really work on getting tha****er intake back up. Try talking to your NUT. They may be able to give you more ideas to increase the intake also. Good luck!

Ashley Schuster
on 11/8/14 12:14 am

This is why I posted here! Thank you for your reply. Yes, my surgeon and his staff have me a whole list of things I could do wrong/right and how to prevent it, but I was stubborn and didn't realize how important this is. Last night I started using the crystal light again. It's not always my favorite but I can switch around the many options. It'll be good. Thank you for your support.

karishka
on 11/7/14 3:41 am

Hi Ashley.  I am 4 weeks and 1 day post vsg.  I spent the first couple weeks feeling exactly how you are feeling.  It does get better,  but I still have days where I wonder why the hell I did this.   Today is one of those days because I have a headache and would love to have a diet pepsi...  I just try to put it in the perspective that I will have bad days...and that doesn't really change regardless is wls. I hope things turn around for you and I would be happy to talk/email of you need support...hang in there :)

Ashley Schuster
on 11/8/14 12:11 am

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I think I needed this to get my head in the game, so to speak. I knew there would be bad days, but I guess I was proud in thinking I could handle them no problem. I'll keep on keeping on. 

Chelley53
on 11/11/14 3:12 am
VSG on 11/05/14

Hi Karishka, I am one week out and feel really lonely. I think why did I have this also. I would love a friend to talk to about this feeling.  Let me know if we could do this.  Thanks

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 11/7/14 3:51 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Unless you hydrate yourself and start taking in protein, you will continue to deteriorate.  

Force yourself to do it or you could end up in the hospital with an IV.   There's no going back at this point.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Gwen M.
on 11/7/14 4:20 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Exactly this. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Ashley Schuster
on 11/8/14 12:09 am

Alrighty! Thank you!

poet_kelly
on 11/7/14 4:07 am - OH

Why aren't you able to drink enough to prevent dehydration?  If you are dehydrated, that would explain why you are tired, constipated, nauseous and generally feeling icky - those are all symptoms of dehydration!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.