Psych Exam today

SKmammabear
on 11/5/14 11:00 am

Question...  Had my psych exam today and I'm just curious how long after the psych exam did most of you end up having your surgery?  I am hoping to have mine done before the end of the year, but we can't schedule until the exam results come in.  One step closer.  Next Monday is my endoscopy too. 

DivaButterfly
on 11/5/14 11:08 am - Kenner, LA

A week or so...

happytoloose
on 11/5/14 11:25 am

I got my surgery date set about 3 weeks after the psych evaluation. Things started moving fast after that.

My date was set for 20 days after the insurance company accepted it. My final pre op consult was the 15th

My 1000 call diet started that day, and BOOM! Two weeks later I'm gettin er done. For ME that was a crazy time.

I can't remember feeling as PUMPED UP for anything like this before.

Time is near now so enjoy all of the emotions and feelings you are about to experience.

I'm 8 days post op and am still super pumped up about my decision to take this journey.

I am savoring the good, as well as the bad experiences of the whole ordeal, including the

Long and seemingly endless road to approval. Nobody said the road would be smooth, but it is

Like getting on a new path to a healthy life.

I blew it the first time, but I have so many reasons to get it right this time.

Good luck on your journey.

Ps.

Weren't the psych questions silly?

Rod

SKmammabear
on 11/5/14 11:52 am

Thanks for the response, Rod.  I did already get an approval from my insurance co, they require the psych eval too though.  I really am pumped.  I wanted to do this about 10 -15 years ago, but insurance didn't cover it then.  So glad technology and insurance has changed enough to help me out.  Yes, some of the psych questions were silly!  I giggled over a couple of them!  My doc put me on the pre op "sandwich" diet.  I've been doing a protein diet so that's no big deal.  Next week will be the hard part with two weeks of sugar-free clear liquid diet coming my way.