Medicaid plans options (paramount advantage)

Loseitmina
on 11/5/14 2:44 am

Hello I'm in Cleveland Ohio I have decided to have VSG at St.Vincent charity .I began as a self pay but later became eligible for Medicaid .I not chosen a plan yet I was told Paramount Advantage doesn't require dietician supervision I have already seen dietician twice I want to get this fine already anyone know about paramount advantage requirements or any insights.Please help time is running out if like to have surgery before February .

BWells8710
on 11/6/14 12:35 am

Hello, I also have Paramount Advantage. My husband and I are both going through the process. Paramount does require a 6 month diet, Nut. and Pys. Exam I am not sure about the weight history, and also a PCP Clearance. My last appt. is Dec 3rd, so when I found out everything I will let you know.

RachaelThomas
on 11/6/14 10:04 pm - South Point, OH
VSG on 12/17/14

I am in Ohio and I have the UHC community plan of ohio which is a managed medicaid plan. I had to do 3 month supervised diet (which is  a total of 4 weigh ins) and have my doctor send in a medical necessity letter. My last appointment is this thurs the 13th and its my psy evaluation and then we will be submitting the info into the surgeon. I am hoping for good news!!