Anyone with Railroad insurance?

Tiffany82583
on 11/9/14 1:47 pm - CA

My husband works for Union Pacific and we have United Health Care. Was curious if there were any other members who have railroad insurance.  Id love to hear your experience. Was it a long ordeal or pretty easy to get approved? 

Bubbles314
on 11/9/14 2:31 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

The easiest way to find out about your specific insurance plan  and WLS  is to call the number on the back of the insurance card.  All insurance copanies have different coverage.

Valerie G.
on 11/10/14 1:05 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It wasn't through the railroad, but I did get my duodenal switch through United Healthcare.

You just want to make sure the Railroad policy covers weight loss surgery, and you can find that out by calling the humber on your card.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

sp1209
on 11/10/14 7:05 am - AL

Been over 9 years but we had railroad insurance and I believe it was Anthem BCBS. DH was with another railroad. I was approved almost immediately. Good luck!!

Tiffany82583
on 11/10/14 12:32 pm - CA

Bariatrics is covered and from what I was told to qualify all I need to have is a bmi over 40. Which I have. Its just blowing my mind how easy it is with this insurance through the railroad. I don't need to do any 6 month diets or anything. My doc already sent me a referral to a surgeon so now I wait to get a call with my appt date to get things rolling.