Puree Food Question

Kate -True Brit
on 11/8/14 10:53 pm - UK
On November 8, 2014 at 1:06 PM Pacific Time, yellowrose233 wrote:

Thank you , GwenMo......that helped! Goodness, I'm afraid to ask questions on here now. I did see the post previously concerning puree food posted but I did not want to be rude and ask a "different" question under that person's post. GwenMo, you clarified my question, thank you very much!!

Hey, I meant nothing nasty! This is an example of the written word conveying unintended meanings!  I meant literally what I said. I told you what puree meant to me. I said there was another post you could look at. I told Gwen that I had missed the nuances of the question. I was not being sarcastic. I meant what I said -  I had missed the nuances and so misunderstood,

Give people the benefit of the doubt and don't assume nastiness! 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

kathkeb
on 11/8/14 7:43 am

I am not exactly sure what you are asking, but from my experience, the puréed stage was to nourish me and slowly move me from liquids back to food.

Some people will try to put pepperoni pizza in a blender and call it puréed.   To me, that was not the point.  It might have been 'legal', but it was not teaching me to change my behavior and choose more nutritious food.

Personally, the idea of blending 'normal' food just to make it a purée did not sound appetizing, so I had yogurts, soups, low-fat pudding, baked ricotta, well-forked tuna salad ... And other smooth, easily eaten foods.

Kath

Karen H.
on 11/8/14 8:25 am
VSG on 12/08/14

Thank you! That was so helpful and makes sense. I haven't had surgery yet but expect to get a date next week. I will remember this when the puree food stage comes. I am just trying to get prepared on what's ahead. Again, thank you!

Gwen M.
on 11/9/14 1:02 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I loved pureed curry during my puree phase.  I needed flavor so badly at that point :D

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Poodlemac
on 11/9/14 2:21 am
RNY on 09/26/14

With my doc, the puréed stage was that between full liquids and regular food. Nut told me to blend to "applesauce consistency" and always add enough liquid to achieve that texture.  I bought a nutri bullet and it was great. Flavor really bloomed when puréed and it was quite pleasant. 

Karen H.
on 11/9/14 5:58 am
VSG on 12/08/14

Thanks,,, I think I could pureed my food in my vitamix too, just have to make sure it does not turn into liquid. Just keep our foods smooth, right? :)