Post-op Sleeve - day 2, lump in throat.... Help.

Maureen H.
on 11/1/14 5:21 am
VSG on 10/30/14

I am post-op, day2, VSG on 10/30/14.The nurse came to see me right before I was discharged and removed my drain line. Ever since then, I feel like I have a lump in my throat... Almost like there is something stuck there. Could she have realeased some gas from my abdominal area and it forced its way up? I feel like I have something stuck in my throat. What should I do? Help please. Walking and moving around is not working.

Chilipepper
on 11/1/14 8:55 am

They put a tube down your throat during surgery. It's probably just swelling. Gargle with wam sal****er

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Maureen H.
on 11/1/14 12:14 pm
VSG on 10/30/14

Tried gargling. I think it might be gas that was forced up there when she yanked the drain out. It seems like fluids are passing easily enough and I have been very bloated. Any one have any safe gas relief techniques/over the counter medicine recommendations? 

White Dove
on 11/1/14 1:38 pm - Warren, OH

Try bending over with your head lower than your knees.  Usually gets rid of it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

hollykim
on 11/2/14 5:29 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On November 1, 2014 at 12:21 PM Pacific Time, sublime29 wrote:

I am post-op, day2, VSG on 10/30/14.The nurse came to see me right before I was discharged and removed my drain line. Ever since then, I feel like I have a lump in my throat... Almost like there is something stuck there. Could she have realeased some gas from my abdominal area and it forced its way up? I feel like I have something stuck in my throat. What should I do? Help please. Walking and moving around is not working.

it could be acid reflux,which is a big side affect of VSG. Are you on a PP I,like Nexium? 

Maureen H.
on 11/2/14 6:00 am
VSG on 10/30/14

I am not on an acid reflux pill. It is weird because once it gets past that lump, everything goes down smoothly the rest of the way. I am going to hope that it is just swelling from the tube down my throat and it goes away shortly. If it does not, I see my surgeon on 11/11/14 for a post-op appointment.