Have you had it done?

laurenheno
on 10/31/14 1:06 am

Hi,

My name is Lauren Heno and I am a student at Portsmouth University. For my final year dissertation I am looking into weight loss surgery and the advantages and disadvantages of having it done. Alongside my dissertation I have to write an article on a linking topic and I was just wondering if anyone on here would be willing to answer a few questions in regards to their surgery, what they think the pros and cons are, and what advice they'd give to someone about to have surgery.

Thank you for your time

Lauren Heno

Kate -True Brit
on 10/31/14 1:11 am - UK

Hi, is that Portsmouth UK? Perfectly possible there is also a Portsmouth University in the U.S. but if you ARE in the UK, do you realise this is a very US site? I am one of the only two Brita to regularly post here and the other one has dual UK/US citizenship!

it does make a difference. Here in the UK, advice is different, access to surgery different, even outcomes vary.

if you want a UK perspective, happy to help! 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Sandie E.
on 10/31/14 2:27 am - La Grande, OR
RNY on 05/14/14

If you need a US opinion, I would be willing to answer questions.  I think it would be good to get different responses from people in various stages as well :)

Highest - 281   1st appt - 274   Approval/pre-surgery - 259   Current - 136

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 10/31/14 1:54 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

Isn't that a rather broad topic for a dissertation?  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.