My Trip to the E R last night confirms my Cat Scan showed I have several Hernias and thats not...

Chilipepper
on 11/2/14 1:00 am

Also, if you are going to take and ER doctors half assed diganoses on what the lump is on your lung as it may or could be from the heart surgery without finding it out what it is and instead, focusing on the "hernias" then I don't know what to say.  I think your priority should be the lump first UNLESS you already know it's nothing to be concerned with and just decided to mention it

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Judi2
on 11/2/14 9:09 pm
RNY on 12/08/14

Thank you! omg I'm having my RNY in December and hearing this shook me. Gosh, would people stop putting things on here without knowing exactly what they are talking about!

hockeymom8016
on 11/2/14 8:36 pm - NJ

Any abdominal surgery can cause hernias because you are cutting through the abdominal wall and thereby weakening it.  My hernias were caused by my gall bladder removal.

Zee Starrlite
on 11/1/14 10:03 am

Sorry you are going through all the medical stuff.  Glad that you can be repaired.  I was weirded out with you having to tuck in your own intestines.  At least that will be over.

All best,

Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

huskergalWsD
on 11/1/14 12:45 pm

the Hernia is, not the lump in my lungs

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

Grim_Traveller
on 11/1/14 7:06 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I like poodles.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/14 9:14 pm, edited 11/1/14 9:15 pm

@ Grim_Traveller!!!

Sorry for your health troubles Huskergal....Hope things start getting better for you hun!!

Jennifer

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/14 9:10 am

I like the Wizard of Oz I like the Tinman

Ashley in Belgium
on 11/1/14 7:58 pm - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

I am sorry you continue to have a hard time.  I think it is unreasonable to blame your hernias on the RNY when you have no idea yet -and may never know_ exactly why your abdominal wall was weakend enough for them to hapen in the first place.  Not everything medically wrong with us after WLS is related to our WLS.  

I am 10 days post-op from 3 hernia repairs and an extended tummy tuck with extensive muscle tightening and muscle repair.  One of my hernis'a was at the internal incision site of a C-Section I had 16 years ago.  The 2nd one was at an incision site from Lap Gall Bladder surgery I had 19 years ago and the third was due to the excess skin from losing over 120lbs pulling on weakened muscles in my upper abdomen.  So technically the thrid hernia was caused indirectly by my WLS success.  Whether I'd had the sleeve or DS instead of the RNY is irrelevent except that maybe I wouldn't have been as sucessful losing my excess weight 

In your shoes I'd be more concernd about my lungs than the hernias.  And I am effectively on bed rest for my recovery (or at least I m supposed to be down and resting more than up and about for 3 weeks).  They took 750g of skin off but I am down 3 kilos since surgery so I wouldn't worry too much about regain - it's about keeping your strength up and healing.  I wish you good luck.

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

huskergalWsD
on 11/2/14 1:34 am

I am sorry if people here tend to get confused by my posts. I am only repeating what these doctors tell me. Hell I am the one always confused. Everytime I want to talk more the doctors leave the room. The other day when I was at my pcp's office. she stays on the phone and on the computer while I try to talk to her about my concerns. Not very professional in my opinion. Anyway. When I brought up my concerns her reply is "what are you worried about?" if you are not in pain after you push in the intestines then no need to worry. Others have said , get this taken care of immediately. I sleep better when I am not in pain and worried about other problems occurring down the line. My ex mother in law died because of bacteria in her body from bowel leakage in the body. All I have been through and came near death twice, I worry about every little thing.Every time I post I only repeat what these doctors say to me. I'm not doctor.I thought it was pretty strange what the wls surgeon  nurse said to me the other day also. She said she is sure I have Hernia from what I told her I am experiencing. Then she sez she is worried for me if I have to have surgery for Hernia, because of my heart condition. I had a heart condition before wls.She didn't say she was worried for me then.That was before I got the new cat scan. I also thought it was weird when I had the cat scan in April I had to drink Barium solution just before the cat scan, well the other night at the E R I did not have to drink Barium solution just before the cat scan.  I have given my name and password for OH..to my 30 yr old daughter to post here if something drastic happens to me.

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~