Is any body going to Obesity Week 2014 next week?

Drvn2skcede
on 10/29/14 3:39 pm

I will be at the conference next week as part of my job, I am just wondering if any others are going?  Might be nice to meet some IRL...

SuziAck
on 10/29/14 8:26 pm

I'm new here.  What/where and when is Obesity Week?  It sounds like i'd fit in! lol

thanks.

Cathy W.
on 10/30/14 1:42 am

Come visit the ObesityHelp booth #826.  Some of our staff will be at Obesity Week.  Come visit us!

Queen_Tatiana
on 10/30/14 8:23 am

Where is the info on this? or what is the info on this?

Mari     

WLS 12/27/04 260lbs; CW 136lbs; 5'6

Eggface
on 10/30/14 10:06 am - Sunny Southern, CA

ObesityWeek is mostly for the surgeons and bariatric office staff, etc. It's a joint event with the ASMBS (surgeons) and Obesity Society (research side) the only patient event is posted above its the only one I am aware of this year.

OH ObesityHelp has an event usually 1 a year click on events above for that info.

OAC Obesity Action Coalition is having their patient event in San Antonio, Texas next year www.YWMConvention.com to sign up for email alerts as the tickets, rooms, etc go on sale.

WLSFA has a fundraiser once a year too that is in April I believe in San Diego

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Eggface
on 10/30/14 9:59 am - Sunny Southern, CA

If you are in town on Sunday be sure to check out this event as part of ObesityWeek http://www.obesityaction.org/educational-resources/ywm-local -events it's FREE. 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Drvn2skcede
on 10/30/14 11:55 am

Thanks Kathy W, I will definitely come and find you!

Eggface, that sounds like it would have been such an interesting event to go to!  Unfortunately I don't arrive until the 3rd, that's too bad because I think I could have learned a lot from your event (and it's one topic I struggle with for sure).