People are rude

Micah
on 11/8/14 10:09 am - TAYLORSVILLE, UT

Ya well call me a baby then! but I feel everyone one here has had there fare share of mean comments in life and maybe I didn't understand what she meant bye that but a lot of us POST surgery are scared !!!! Maybe you  for got that feeling!!And know one has the right to tell someone they should suck it up why say anything at all  lot of the time we are just venting there are nicer ways of doing things sorry if that was something YOU didn't want to hear.... I know for me ! comments like yours are the last thing I want to see or hear but I deserve site like this just like you did when you were scared and pre op or felt alone or felt like you wanted to express something and not be judged but THATS JUST ME :) 

MsBatt
on 11/9/14 12:51 am

*SIGH*

Sometimes, people DO need to be told to just suck it up, buttercup. That's the whole idea behind Leilani's post. (Read it yet?)

No, I haven't forgotten that feeling, and let me tell you something---I think that for most folks, it NEVER entirely goes away. WLS makes some serious changes in our bodies, and no matter how far post-op *I* get, every time something's out of whack, there's a small part of me thinks it's because of my surgery and that I'm about to die a horrible death.

What time has given me is the ability to NOT panic, and to keep emotion out of the equation.  To look at FACTS, and it was LadyTazz advising someone to look at FACTS that got Nikki00 in a snit and caused her to start THIS thread, all about how people are "sew meen" when we make that suggestion.

And honey, you are WAAAY over-reacting to my post. I didn't attack you, or anyone, nor did I say anything rude or mean. YOU reacted to what you thought I said, because you were reading with your emotions, not your good sense.

Yes, most obese people have had more than their fair share of mean comments in life---but that doesn't mean that everything people say is a mean comment. It's harder to 'hear' intent in the written word, and I think that most of the people here who immediately take offense at some posts would feel completely differently if they were told the same thing face to face.

When folks take offense at constructive criticism, they're making this whole journey far harder than it has to be.

Micah
on 11/14/14 3:43 am - TAYLORSVILLE, UT

hi.... I just wanted to  apologize when I wrote the response to you I was in a ****ty/ scared frame of mind. the funny thing is I am the type of personality to tell someone to suck it up I have used the phrase suck it up buttercup more times then I can count. for what ever reason maybe because I had just got my surgery date and was feeling scared felt the need to stick up " put my nose" were it didn't belong. and yes lol I should probably read into things before I comment about them. I was and am still new to this site and was taking things at first glance but any ways just wanted to say sorry for my response to your comment to me. good luck and congratulations on your weight loos :)

Micah
on 11/14/14 3:44 am - TAYLORSVILLE, UT

* weight loss

MsBatt
on 11/15/14 8:20 am

Well, thank you!